Virtual Server - Documents
- Service introduction
- Support information
Basic usage on Virtual Server
Advanced usage and specifications on Virtual Server
Usage with API on Virtual Server
- I can’t move the mouse pointer (mouse cursor) on the console screen accessed via the Cloud Computing Control Panel. (Mouse cursor is stuck on screen, and won’t move.)ECL2.0, Virtual Server / Operation
If you can’t move the mouse pointer on the console screen, please try the following countermeasures.
(1) “Changing the browser” or “Changing the client PC”
You may be able to move the mouse pointer (mouse cursor).
(2) Restart the virtual server.
If there is no change after trying (1), please restart the virtual server via the Cloud Computing Control Panel at your discretion.
Enterprise Cloud 2.0 has adopted Openstack as the cloud platform and the mechanism of the console connection to the virtual server also follows the mechanism of Openstack.
Compared to the physical serial console connection, the console connection of the Openstack is less stable.
Therefore, we strongly recommend the customer to enable the remote connection such as SSH or RDP connection as an alternative of the console connection to access to the virtual server resources.
- When I tried to create a volume, “Error writing field to database (HTTP 400)” was shown and I could not create the volume.ECL2.0, Virtual Server / SpecificationAs specification, if “Emoji” or “variant characters” are entered in the description field when you create a volume, it will result in the following error “Error writing field to database (HTTP 400)” .Please retry to create a volume without using “Emoji” or “variant characters” in the description field.“Variant characters” are the old characters that have the same pronunciation and meaning but different form and shape.
- Is the redundant method available that uses the same IP address with different MAC addresses including the Windows Server Failover Cluster?ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server / Specification
We have confirmed that Windows Server Failover Cluster works under our verification environment.
As of July 2019, we have confirmed the operation with the next version.
– Windows Server 2012 R2
– Windows Server 2016
* Since the DAD function is disabled in the official image template of the virtual server, please follow the procedure below when using a failover cluster with a virtual server.
1. Input “regedt32” in search box on Start menu and enter.
2. Click “HKEYLOCAL MACHINE” in Registry Editor.
3. Click “System” -> “CurrentControlSet” -> “Services” -> “TcpIp” -> “Parameters”.
4. Right click “Parameters” and click “New” -> “DWORD(32-bit)Value”.
5. Delete “New Value #1”, right click “ArpRetryCount” and click “Delete”.
6. Reboot the virtual server.
- How to collect data, generate graphs and report for virtual server memory usage by using Monitoring menu?ECL2.0, Monitoring, Virtual Server / Operation, Specification
For virtual server memory usage (and others that are not included in the meters provided as standard in Monitoring menu), you can use Monitoring function (graph display, alert setting, etc.) by using Custom Meter.
There are two methods to use Custom Meter. You can choose either or both of them according to your environment.
1. Use a custom meter agent
(Note: Windows OS is not included in the target operating system)
2. Create and use a script (for collecting data and sending it to the monitoring server)
(Note: The script needs to be prepared by customers)
- Is the SID (Security Identifier) of Windows Server changed by snapshot duplication or system restore of the backup menu?Backup, ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server / Specification
- Is it possible to use Windows Server from private ISO on Virtual Server?ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server / Specification
- Is it possible to suspend the process of creating a snapshot of virtual server?ECL2.0, Virtual Server / Specification
- Is it possible to remove image which was created with protection turned “on”?ECL2.0, Virtual Server / Specification
- License activation fails on the virtual server created from Windows Server Official Image Template.ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server / Operation, Specification
There is a possibility that connectivity to the license server provided by NTT Com may not be established.
Follow the steps below to ensure connectivity to the license server.
In order to implement OS license authentication, a common function gateway is required.When using Windows Server, please make sure to apply common function gateway.
Also, if the common function gateway is removed, OS license authentication will be lost. Therefore, please be careful not to remove the common function gateway from the Windows Server that you are using.
- It is not possible to detach root volume from instance.ECL2.0, Virtual Server / Operation, Specification