Virtual Server - Documents
- Service introduction
- Support information
Basic usage on Virtual Server
Advanced usage and specifications on Virtual Server
Usage with API on Virtual Server
- How to switch the VM (with HA function) intentionally when hypervisor failure on a trial basis?ECL2.0, Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter), Firewall (vSRX), Load Balancer, Virtual Server / Operation
- Please tell me the behavior when pushing the “ctrl+alt+delete” button in console screen of virtual server.ECL2.0, Virtual Server / Operation, Specification
The behavior is different depending on the OS.
If the guest OS is Linux, when you push the ctrl+alt+delete button, your virtual server will be rebooted.
With the following command, you can disable the reboot function of the ctrl+alt+delete button.
# systemctl mask ctrl-alt-del.target
※Even if you disabled the reboot function following the above methods if you click the ctrl+alt+delete button 7 times in 2 seconds (= sending the SIGNAL 7 times in 2 seconds), your virtual server will be rebooted.
Please see the SIGNAL entries in the manual page of systemd (the URL shown below) for more information.
If the guest OS is Windows OS, if you click the ctrl+alt+delete button, your virtual server will not be rebooted.
Instead of the OS reboot, the security option screen is displayed like the following image.
- I tried to put QCOW2 format private template in the volume but the status became an error and I could not configure it as bootable and couldn’t create the root volume.ECL2.0, Virtual Server / Operation
It’s considered that the prepared volume size was insufficient in its size against the QCOW2 format private template.
Regarding how to deal with the error, please create a bigger volume than the prepared volume size and put the QCOW2 format image template in the newly created bigger volume again.
After that, please confirm whether the status should become an error again.
[issue] I tried to put QCOW2 format “Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition” private template(13.6GB) into the 15GB volume and the status became an error.
[cause] It’s considered that the volume size was insufficient against the private template image created with “Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition”. When you create the volume with “Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition”, the volume size must be over 80GB. (see below document)
[workaround] I created the volume over 80GB and put the image template in it again and I was able to create the root volume without problems.
If you changed the volume size (= created the bigger volume) but the status should become an error repeatedly, we are sorry to bother you but we would like you to create a ticket to bring the issue to our attention.
** Reference URL **
[Service Descriptions: Restrictions on the official image] Each OS has the minimum necessary volume size.
Service Descriptions – Virtual server – Restrictions on the official image
※Excerpt from the above Restrictions[FAQ: Difference between RAW format and QCOW2 format] ※If QCOW2 format, the data is compressed and uploaded to Image Storage.
When you create a volume with the official image template, you are unable to create the volume if the size is less than the official image template size.
(example: If you need to use Windows OS, you will need to prepare 80GB volume or bigger volume.)
FAQ – If I upload my private template image to “Image Storage”, which format should I select, RAW or QCOW2?Please tell me the difference between the two formats as well.
- I can’t move the mouse pointer (mouse cursor) on the console screen accessed via the Cloud Computing Control Panel. (Mouse cursor is stuck on screen, and won’t move.)ECL2.0, Virtual Server / Operation
If you can’t move the mouse pointer on the console screen, please try the following countermeasures.
(1) “Changing the browser” or “Changing the client PC”
You may be able to move the mouse pointer (mouse cursor).
(2) Restart the virtual server.
If there is no change after trying (1), please restart the virtual server via the Cloud Computing Control Panel at your discretion.
Enterprise Cloud 2.0 has adopted Openstack as the cloud platform and the mechanism of the console connection to the virtual server also follows the mechanism of Openstack.
Compared to the physical serial console connection, the console connection of the Openstack is less stable.
Therefore, we strongly recommend the customer to enable the remote connection such as SSH or RDP connection as an alternative of the console connection to access to the virtual server resources.
- When I tried to create a volume, “Error writing field to database (HTTP 400)” was shown and I could not create the volume.ECL2.0, Virtual Server / SpecificationAs specification, if “Emoji” or “variant characters” are entered in the description field when you create a volume, it will result in the following error “Error writing field to database (HTTP 400)”.Please retry to create a volume without using “Emoji” or “variant characters” in the description field.“Variant characters” are the old characters that have the same pronunciation and meaning but different form and shape.
- Is the redundant method available that uses the same IP address with different MAC addresses including the Windows Server Failover Cluster?ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server / Specification
We have confirmed that Windows Server Failover Cluster works under our verification environment.
As of July 2019, we have confirmed the operation with the next version.
– Windows Server 2012 R2
– Windows Server 2016
* Since the DAD function is disabled in the official image template of the virtual server, please follow the procedure below when using a failover cluster with a virtual server.
1. Input “regedt32” in search box on Start menu and enter.
2. Click “HKEYLOCAL MACHINE” in Registry Editor.
3. Click “System” -> “CurrentControlSet” -> “Services” -> “TcpIp” -> “Parameters”.
4. Right-click “Parameters” and click “New” -> “DWORD(32-bit)Value”.
5. Delete “New Value #1”, right-click “ArpRetryCount” and click “Delete”.
6. Reboot the virtual server.
- How to collect data, generate graphs and report for virtual server memory usage by using Monitoring menu?ECL2.0, Monitoring, Virtual Server / Operation, Specification
For virtual server memory usage (and others that are not included in the meters provided as standard in Monitoring menu), you can use Monitoring function (graph display, alert setting, etc.) by using Custom Meter.
There are two methods to use Custom Meter. You can choose either or both of them according to your environment.
1. Use a custom meter agent
(Note: Windows OS is not included in the target operating system)
2. Create and use a script (for collecting data and sending it to the monitoring server)
(Note: The script needs to be prepared by customers)
- Is the SID (Security Identifier) of Windows Server changed by snapshot duplication or system restore of the backup menu?Backup, ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server / Specification
- Is it possible to use Windows Server from private ISO on Virtual Server?ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server / Specification
- Is it possible to suspend the process of creating a snapshot of virtual server?ECL2.0, Virtual Server / Specification