Oracle - Documents
- Service introduction
- Support information
There are no related Known Issues.
- Is it possible to bring the Oracle Database license into the ECL 2.0 environment and use it in a Virtual server or Baremetal server environment?ECL2.0, Oracle / Construction, Specification
About bringing in the Virtual server environment
In principle, you can not bring an Oracle Database license into the ECL 2.0 Virtual server environment.
However, there is a possibility that it is possible to bring in a product with a license system that does not depend on the physical server CPU.
Please contact Oracle’s pre-purchase support (Oracle Digital) directly for license handling.
※ Since Oracle Programmer is a Named User Plus (NUP) with no minimum user restrictions, it may be possible to bring in it.
※ Even NUP can not be brought into the ECL 2.0 virtual server environment if there is a limitation on the minimum number of users depending on the physical CPU.
※ For information on Oracle Digital, please refer to the following.
About bringing in the Baremetal server environment
If you prepare a license for the CPU of the Baremetal server, it is possible to bring the Oracle Database license to ECL 2.0 Baremetal server environment.
- After configuring Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on the virtual server, the connectivity via the common function gateway was interrupted.Common Function Gateway, ECL2.0, Oracle / Construction, Specification
As described in the following Service Descriptions, the IP address assigned on the interconnect line of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) may conflict with the IP address used by the ECL Common Function Gateway.
In order to avoid this conflict, convert the IP address of the Common Function Gateway with NAT etc. at the Oracle RAC node (OS level) or an external firewall.
- Is Oracle Advanced Security available on the Oracle menu (Oracle EE)?ECL2.0, Oracle / Specification
In ECL 2.0 Oracle DB menu (Oracle EE), Advanced Security can not be used.
Also, customer license can not be used.
Real Application Clusters and Partitioning are only available for ECL 2.0 Oracle EE service.
If Advanced Security is mandatory, please consider ECL 2.0 bare metal server to use Advanced Security license of customer purchase and license to become a set such as Oracle Database EE.
- Are there any restrictions on using Enterprise Manager Cloud Control in ECL 2.0 environment?ECL2.0, Oracle / Specification
No. There is no particular restriction as ECL 2.0 when using Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control (hereinafter referred to as EMCC).
However, as EMCC requires Oracle Database Enterprise Edition (EE) as a repository DB, Oracle Database Standard Edition 2 (SE 2) can not be used as a repository.
So you need to install EE separately, or prepare a separate server and install EE in it.
As for the above EE license, in case of using EMCC repository, purchase of license is exempted only when DB is single instance.
However, if you configure RAC or Data Guard, you will need to purchase additional licenses.
- Please tell me the Oracle software stored in the official image template of the Oracle menu.ECL2.0, Oracle / Construction, Operation, Specification
- Can I install Oracle Database by the procedure not introduced in Tutorial or Solution Guide?Oracle
- Could you let me know what application are required to utilize My Oracle Support(MOS)?Oracle
- Can we issue Service Request(SR) in My Oracle Support(MOS)?Oracle
- What licenses are included in Oracle SE2 menu?Oracle
- Can I use Oracle RAC in Oracle SE2 menuOracle