Logical Network - Documents
- Service introduction
- Support information
Basic usage on Logical Network
Advanced usage and specifications on Logical Network
Usage with API on Logical Network
- When I set Mac address of “Allowed Address Pair” of Logical Network in capital letters, an error appears.Logical Network / Specification
- Is there an upper limit on the routing information that can be set for the subnet on the logical network?ECL2.0, Logical Network / Specification
There is a limit when setting with the GUI (up to 4 lines).
If you try to set more than 5 lines, the creation/editing of the subnet fails due to an error. (Error message: “Maximum length of static route exceeded”)
Reference: Tutorial – Logical Network – Subnet Details
On the other hand, there is no upper limit when setting with API.
To set routing information of 5 lines or more, please execute it with API.
Reference: API Reference – Subnet
- When I create a logical network after creating a new tenant, the status becomes an error and creation fails.ECL2.0, Logical Network / Construction, Specification
- After creating a new tenant, an error occurred when creating a logical network.ECL2.0, Logical Network / Construction, Specification
- Can I connect both Internet gateway and VPN gateway to one logical network?ECL2.0, Logical Network / Specification
- Can I edit the IP Address Pool of the subnet?ECL2.0, Logical Network / Operation, Specification
No. In order to change the IP Address Pool, it is necessary to delete/re-create the subnet.
- In order to connect the logical network to the bare metal server, an IP created which named “Fixed IP” when creating the port. What is Fixed IP?ECL2.0, Logical Network / Construction, Specification
“Fixed IP” represents the IP address assigned from the logical network.
If you did not manually specify the address when creating the bare metal server, automatically sets the lowest number of unused addresses within the IP address allocation range.
* Service Descriptions
- Is it possible to use asymmetric communication (communication in which traffic go and return are separate routes)?ECL2.0, Logical Network / Construction, Specification
In Enterprise Cloud 2.0, asymmetric communication may not be able to communicate.
Please design so that traffic going and returning are symmetric communication with the same route.
· Virtual server
· Load balancer
· Network type security
Asymmetric communication example 1
When multiple interfaces are used, partial communication may be asymmetric communication.
Please add individual static routes and design to be symmetric communication.
Asymmetric communication example 2
When VRRP redundancy is performed with multiple interfaces if the VRRP state (Master / Backup) is different Transit communication is asymmetric communication.
Make VRRP statuses consistent and design to be symmetric.
Please refer to the tutorial for detailed configuration example of firewall/load balancer.
Asymmetric communication example 3
If you use the DSR (Direct Server Return) function on the load balancer, the return communication will cause the load balancer Since it does not pass through, it becomes asymmetric communication.
Please do not use the DSR function and design it as target communication.
- What is Address Management function (Subnet)?ECL2.0, Logical Network / Specification
Address information commonly used in a Logical Network (IP address block, default gateway, DNS server, NTP server, etc.) can be managed.
* 1: If you create multiple subnets, it does not separate L2 network.
* 2: Up to one subnet is allowed to enable DHCP in one Logical Network. If multiple subnets are created in one Logical Network and DHCP of multiple subnets are enabled, they will be outside of our support.
- I want to use one virtual NIC to set two or more IP addresses (a primary IP, a secondary IP, and so forth). Can I do this?ECL2.0, Logical Network, Virtual Server / Construction, Specification
You may be able to assign two or more IP addresses to one NIC on a virtual server if you use a fixed IP address (fixed IP) on a logical network to set two or more IP addresses to one port and set the added IP addresses on the OS. We are sorry for your inconvenience, but this function is not supported on virtual servers. The customers can implement it on their own responsibility.
Note that you can add the registrations of IP addresses as fixed IP addresses (fixed IP) but you cannot delete a specific IP address you have added. Be careful because you need to delete the port if you want to delete registered IP addresses.
*As shown in the service description about the restriction, one IP address should be assigned to one NIC in principle.