Host-Based Security(Managed Anti-Virus/Security Package/Virtual Patch) - Documents
- Support information
Basic usage on Host-Based Security(Managed Anti-Virus/Security Package/Virtual Patch)
Advanced usage and specifications on Host-Based Security(Managed Anti-Virus/Security Package/Virtual Patch)
Usage with API on Host-Based Security(Managed Anti-Virus/Security Package/Virtual Patch)
There are no related Known Issues.
- Is it possible to contract multiple Host-based Security menus within one tenant?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
No. Only one Host-based Security menu is available within one tenant.
- Is it possible to register multiple email addresses as “Email address” when ordering Managed Anti-Virus?ECL2.0, Host-based Security / Construction, Specification
- What kind of alerts are issued when a virus is detected on Host-based Security menu?ECL2.0, Host-based Security / Specification
- Can I get Alert Notifications on Host-based security menu?ECL2.0, Host-based Security / Construction, Specification
Some settings are necessary for this, so please refer to Security Tutorial – Host-based Security – Alert Settings for details.
- Is there a test virus provided for virus detection testing?ECL2.0, Host-based Security / Construction, Specification
- What kind of setting is necessary on the host where Host-based Security Agent is installed?ECL2.0, Host-based Security / Construction, Specification
Agent installed on the host will be required to be connected to managed server / TREND MICRO Server through the Internet .
For further information, please refer to Service Descriptions – Agent communication requirement .
- In the Host-based Security, Does it appear something pop-up like normal anti-virus software?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
- About the behavior when coexisting with other company products/Trend Micro products.ECL2.0, Host-based Security
As for Host-based security, we don’t carry out operation tests including competition tests with products other than Trend Micro on hosts on which the Agent is installed.
Therefore, we are not able to answer about co-existence with individual software.
Please check the operation in customer’s environment.
In addition, we have detailed conditions on coexistence with Trend Micro products.
For details, please see Trend Micro web site.
- Is patch application unnecessary when using Managed Virtual-Patch?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
Even with the function of Managed Virtual-Patch, the potential problem of the software itself will remain.
In addition, since this function detects communication against vulnerability via the network, thus It is difficult to respond to information has not been established vulnerabilities such as completed on the local side or not definite attack method.
Please defend with Managed Virtual-Patch until official patch from the manufacturer is provided, and done performing the operation verification etc, please implement a full-blown countermeasure.
- Witch ports are used by the agent to keep the connection with Managers.Host-based Security