Baremetal Server - Documents
- Service introduction
- Support information
Basic usage on Baremetal Server
Advanced usage and specifications on Baremetal Server
Usage with API on Baremetal Server
- Why the hot swap is N/A at the time of an HDD failure regarding Workload Optimized 2?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0 / Construction, Specification
- On the Windows server created from the official image template, the expiration date of Volume Activation Authentication is displayed. Does it need updating and other work on Customer’s side?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server / Operation, Specification
No. Work on the customer side is unnecessary.
When connected to the common function gateway and communicating with the authentication server, the authentication is updated regularly.
- How to change BIOS settings on Baremetal server?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0 / Construction, Operation, Specification
In the server list of Cloud Computing Control Panel, you can change the setting at ‘Set UEFI’ from the action of the target Baremetal server.
Refer to below Tutorial regarding how to access to UEFI(BIOS) setting window.
Tutorial – Baremetal Server Tools
Refer to below Service Description regarding the list of UEFI settings.
Service Description – Baremetal Server – UEFI Function
- Are there any restrictions regarding virtual appliances which can work on Virtual server or Baremetal server?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0, Virtual Server / Construction, Operation, Specification
There are no restriction regarding virtual appliances brought from Customer’s environment which work on Virtual server or Baremetal server.
However, BYOL(Bring Your Own License) included virtual appliances is not supported, so we do not support if there are any troubles on its working.
Reference: Service Descriptions – Image Storage
- Can I use the VXLAN offload for the bare metal server NIC?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0 / Specification
- Can I change host name of Baremetal server?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0 / Operation, Specification
- How to select Boot mode of Baremetal server?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0 / Operation, Specification
You can select Boot mode via portal/API when you start/reboot a Baremetal server.
- How to change the default gateway for VMware vSphere ESXi?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0 / Construction
Please follow the below steps.
1. Execute the Remote Console Access to Baremetal server according to Tutorial.
2. On DCUI screen, of VMware vSphere ESXi, press [F2].
3. On Authentication Required screen, put User / Password and press [Enter].
4. On System Customization screen, select “Configure Management Network” and press [Enter].
5. On Configure Management Network screen, select “IP Configuration” and press [Enter].
6. On IP Configuration screen, change IP address of Default Gateway and press [Enter].
7. On IP Configuration screen, press [Esc].
8. When you are required to reflect the change and reboot the management network, press [Y] on Configure Management Network : Confirm screen.
- Please tell me about past events that are assumed to be due to baremetal server firmware malfunction.Baremetal Server, ECL2.0 / Specification
The following is reported as a possible cause that the problem of the firmware affected the customer system.
Customers using the corresponding firmware version below should update the firmware.
For firmware update method / recommended update version, refer to the following tutorial.
<Events assumed to be caused by firmware>
◆ Target firmware version
Target flavor: General Purpose 1 – 3 / Workload Optimized 1
Target firmware version: iLO firmware is 2.40 or 2.42, and system ROM is 2.20 or earlier version
When the Smart Storage battery fails, the baremetal server does not respond.
– Ping failure
– Console access via iLO unavailable
In addition, the following message is displayed in Integrated Management Log (IML).
“POST Error: 312-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Communication with the battery failed. Its output may not be enabled. Action: Verify battery is properly installed. Refer to user guide. Contact HPE support if condition persists. Smart Storage Battery failure (Battery 1). Action: 1. Consult server troubleshooting guide. 2 Gather AHS log and contact Support Smart Storage Battery has exceeded the maximum amount of devices supported (Battery 1 service information: 0x07). Action: 1. Remove additional devices. 2. Consult server troubleshooting guide. 3. Gather AHS log and contact Support “
- Is there any way not to charge a baremetal server?Baremetal Server, Billing