Backup - Documents
- Service introduction
- Support information
There are no related Known Issues.
- Would it be necessary to uninstall Backup agent software before transferring from Backup to Arcserve?Arcserve, Backup, ECL2.0 / Operation, Specification
Yes. In general, because there is a possibility that conflicts may occur with commonly used functions such as VSS, we recommend that you uninstall the backup agent software in advance.
- If I back up a target file two or more times, will the necessary time be shorter in the second time and after?Backup, ECL2.0 / Operation, Specification
Generally speaking, the differences will be backed up for the second time and after, which means the amount of the data to be backed up reduces. So, the necessary time will be shorter than the first backup. However, the pre- and post-processes are necessary for backing up. These processes may be under influence of the congestion.
- Can I get backup data with OS stopped?Backup, ECL2.0 / Operation, Specification
No. You can not get backup data with OS stopped. This is because it is necessary for the backup agent to be started so that you could get backup data.
If data update occurs during backup acquisition, consistency of backup data may be lost. Please make sure to obtain a safe rest point on the customer side before obtaining backup.
Service Descriptions – Backup – Restrictions
In case of situations, such as backup target server not running, agent being stopped on the target server, backup target server having failures, backup cannot be acquired. Please check the backup acquisition status from the portal and execute the recovery process as necessary in case it was not acquired.
- Can I set the accurate start time of scheduled backup?Backup, ECL2.0 / Construction, Operation, Specification
No. For the scheduled backup start time, you can set the time frame (3 hours for daily, 8 hours for weekly) but you can not set the accurate time.
Service Description – Backup – Available Functions – Scheduled
* For daily schedule, customer can select the time frame (3 hour unit) starting from UTC 12:00 a.m.
* For weekly schedule, customer can be select the time frame (8 hour unit) starting from UTC 12:00 a.m.
- Can I temporarily disable registered scheduled backups?Backup, ECL2.0 / Operation, Specification
Yes. Follow the steps below and select “OnDemandOnly” in the “Change Client Schedele Window” on Backup Control Panel.
Backup Control Panel > Workflow > Manage Client > Change Client Schedule Window > Select the target server on Clients > Select OnDemandOnly on Schedule period
- An error occurs when installing the backup agent. (Registration was failed. Please write correct IP in hosts file.)Backup, ECL2.0 / Construction, Specification
As a common cause, the following Hosts file settings may be incomplete.
Please refer the following documents.
Tutorial – Backup – Backup Server Requirements
Before installing an agent software into the backup target server, edit each server’s HOSTS file.
Each HOSTS file contains its hostname to generate an installer and an IP address to connect with Common Function Gateways so that a host name resolution becomes available via the backup target server.Note: The hostname will be registered as a server name displayed for the backup service. For actual usage, we recommend you to use the same name as that of WCL2.0 server.Note: If name other than localhost is configured as “127.0.0.1” in /etc/hosts on Linux, customer need to delete or comment out this section. Otherwise, installation of agent software will be failed.Note: The IP address described on HOSTS shall be an IP address that can correspond to Common Function Gateways.=============
- Is it possible to use Immediate Backup and Scheduled Backup together?Backup, ECL2.0 / Operation, Specification
Yes, it is possible.
It is able to perform Immediate Backup while setting the daily or weekly Scheduled Backup.
If you want to change the backup target file for Immediate Backup and Scheduled Backup, you need to specify the backup target file each time according to the following procedure.
- Can I use Immediate backup and Scheduled backup together?Backup, ECL2.0 / Specification
You can perform Immediate backup while setting daily or weekly Scheduled backup.
Tutorial – Backup – How to Execute “Backup Now”
Tutorial – Backup – How to Execute “Scheduled Backup”
If you want to change the backup target file between Immediate backup and Scheduled backup, you need to specify the backup target file each time according to the following procedure.
Tutorial – Backup – Specifying Backup Target File(s)
- When Double Store is launched in Backup service?Backup, ECL2.0 / Operation, Specification
Double Store (Data transfer to the Double Store) starts when Local Store is completed.
Please note that the time required for Double Store is best effort (targeting synchronization within 24 hours) and does not guarantee synchronization in real time.
- I have installed the backup agent, but the server is not displayed in the registration server list of Clients (Personal Data).Backup, ECL2.0 / Construction, Specification