vSphere ESXi - FAQ
- Is it possible to upgrade from vSphere ESXi 5.5 to vSphere ESXi 6.0?Dedicated Hypervisor, ECL2.0, vSphere ESXi
No. In the dedicated hypervisor menu provided by ECL 2.0, upgrading from vSphere ESXi 5.5 to vSphere ESXi 6.0 is not permitted due to the license policy. Please create a new vSphere ESXi 6.0 environment (new application for dedicated hypervisor menu), and consider data migration from the existing vSphere ESXi 5.5 environment.
- Do the users need to decide to apply, and actually apply, all the patches regarding vSphere?Dedicated Hypervisor, ECL2.0, vSphere ESXi
Yes. The customers need to decide if they should apply a patch and need to actually apply the patch if they should. Use tickets to ask for patches and/or binary files. For how to get them, see the steps to get a patch/binary file on the following site: Solution Guide - vSphere Patch application guide - Patch/binary file acquisition.
- What is the supported version of the Dedicated Hypervisor vSphere ESXi?Dedicated Hypervisor, ECL2.0, vSphere ESXi
Only the version described in the manual below is supported.
Service Descriptions - Dedicated Hypervisor - Hypervisor support
We do not guarantee the upgrade of the Dedicated Hypervisor's vSphere ESXi to versions other than the above, so please consider upgrading within the responsibility of yourself.
- Is there any upper limit to the number of guest OSs that can be created when using the WindowsServer2012R2_Standard image in Dedicated Hypervisor(Hyper-V)?Dedicated Hypervisor, ECL2.0, Guest Image, Hyper-V, vSphere ESXi
You can create guest OSs under following technical restrictions and license constraints.
▼ Technical restrictions
As shown below, Microsoft has defined the number of virtual machines that can run per Hyper-V is 1024.
▼ License restriction
If you use our guest image, there is no restriction on the number of units by license.
License will be allocated according to the number of virtual machines that have been started on a particular host more than once during the current month and will be charged.
If you wish to apply your own licenses, please contact your license supplier.
- Is it possible to manipulate the ESXi screen from the ECL control panel after creating the dedicated hypervisor?Dedicated Hypervisor, ECL2.0, vSphere ESXi
- Is the IP address of the VM created by the dedicated hypervisor service set dynamically?Dedicated Hypervisor, ECL2.0, Hyper-V, vSphere ESXi