Virtual Server - FAQ
- Is the redundant method available that uses the same IP address with different MAC addresses including the Windows Server Failover Cluster?ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server
We have confirmed that Windows Server Failover Cluster works under our verification environment.
As of July 2019, we have confirmed the operation with the next version.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
* Since the DAD function is disabled in the official image template of the virtual server, please follow the procedure below when using a failover cluster with a virtual server.
1. Input "regedt32" in search box on Start menu and enter.
2. Click "HKEYLOCAL MACHINE" in Registry Editor.
3. Click "System" -> "CurrentControlSet" -> "Services" -> "TcpIp" -> "Parameters".
4. Right click "Parameters" and click "New" -> "DWORD(32-bit)Value".
5. Delete "New Value #1", right click "ArpRetryCount" and click "Delete".
6. Reboot the virtual server.
- How to collect data, generate graphs and report for virtual server memory usage by using Monitoring menu?ECL2.0, Monitoring, Virtual Server
For virtual server memory usage (and others that are not included in the meters provided as standard in Monitoring menu), you can use Monitoring function (graph display, alert setting, etc.) by using Custom Meter.
There are two methods to use Custom Meter. You can choose either or both of them according to your environment.
1. Use a custom meter agent
(Note: Windows OS is not included in the target operating system)
2. Create and use a script (for collecting data and sending it to the monitoring server)
(Note: The script needs to be prepared by customers)
- Is the SID (Security Identifier) of Windows Server changed by snapshot duplication or system restore of the backup menu?Backup, ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server
- Is it possible to use Windows Server from private ISO on Virtual Server?ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server
- Is it possible to suspend the process of creating a snapshot of virtual server?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
- Is it possible to remove image which was created with protection turned "on"?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
- License activation fails on the virtual server created from Windows Server Official Image Template.ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server
There is a possibility that connectivity to the license server provided by NTT Com may not be established.
Follow the steps below to ensure connectivity to the license server.
In order to implement OS license authentication, a common function gateway is required.When using Windows Server, please make sure to apply common function gateway.
Also, if the common function gateway is removed, OS license authentication will be lost. Therefore, please be careful not to remove the common function gateway from the Windows Server that you are using.
- It is not possible to detach root volume from instance.ECL2.0, Virtual Server
- Why did the content of the resource status display change?Common, ECL2.0, Virtual Server
The following cases are possible.
An alert was detected in the monitoring resource on the physical server that houses the customer resource.
Therefore, we judged that there was a possibility that the entire resource on the corresponding physical server was affected, including customer resources, and posted information on the resource status.
However, in fact it was a matter of individual monitoring resources, it turned out that customer resources were not affected, so customer notification was not implemented.
After that, our company restored the monitoring resource by restarting the monitoring resource, so it may not be shown in the resource status.
- The IP address of the NIC has been changed on the virtual server, but the IP address displayed in the instance summary is not updated.ECL2.0, Virtual Server
When changing the IP address of the virtual server, it is necessary not only to change the IP on the guest OS (Windows or Linux) but also to operate on the Enterprise Cloud 2.0 portal.
Specifically, it is necessary to newly connect the interface and delete the unnecessary interface for the IP address for replacement.
Please refer to the following for working method.