PaaS - FAQ
- "Authorization Failed Error" occurs at the Cloud Foundry Dashboard.Cloud Foundry, ECL2.0, PaaS
- Because there is no Org Manager authority of Cloud Foundry, operations such as space creation can not be performed. Is there a way to grant Org Manager privileges?PaaS
ECL 2.0 PaaS does not grant Org Manager to users.
If you create space, please follow the steps below.
1. Create a tenant from the ECL 2.0 dashboard
* If you are using an existing tenant, it will be unnecessary to create.
2. Linking tenants and users
1.Open the [Home> Dashboard> Tenant] screen of ECL 2.0.
2.From the tenant screen click the link of the tenant name of PaaS target.
3.Click the [Edit] button on the tenant information screen.
4.In the Access Permission item on the editing screen, check the PaaS target user.
5.Click the [Confirm Edit] button.
- Is there a way to create PaaS applications work with other proprietary domains / URLs?ECL2.0, PaaS
It is necessary to create it from the control panel of PaaS.
The management of your own domain is described in the following manual.
Tutorials - Cloud Foundry - Managing Application URLs
You can also configure your own domain site for http sites that are not https.
- Is it possible to create multiple Spaces in one contract?PaaS
It is possible to create multiple Spaces within one contract (Org).
In that case, it is necessary to create multiple tenants in one contract.
However, if your account is a general user, you can not create a tenant.
Also, if you are using a general user, you can create one Space only.
About user types such as general users, Please refer to the manual of Management function.
- Is it possible to create multiple Spaces in one tenant?PaaS
- What do I need to do to use SSL?ECL2.0, PaaS
If you use the shared domain name(*.eclpaas.com), you will not have to do anything. If you can access your application by HTTP, you can also access by https.
If you use your domain name, you will need to use the SSL Option. You will be supposed to generate CSL, get a certification, and apply for the option via the control panel.
- Is it possible for customers to operate Pivotal Cloud Foundry?ECL2.0, PaaS
Regarding Pivotal Cloud Foundry, commercial software provided by Pivotal Software, Inc, its operation of the following version has been confirmed on Enterprise Cloud 2.0 Virtual Servers.
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Operations Manager: 1.7.9
Pivotal Cloud Foundry Elastic Runtime: 1.7.9
If you use Pivotal Cloud Foundry, please contact us in advance because additional settings will be needed.
- Are there any restrictions for applications running on Cloud Foundry?PaaS
The restrictions for applications running on Cloud Foundry are the following.
(1) Applications should be written in the languages supported by the platform. Please refer to service descriptions for further information. Applications written in other languages can also be run by using Buildpacks or Docker images.
(2) Applications should be web applications. Inbound traffic should be only http(s). Outbound traffic is unrestricted.
(3) No permanent data write-ins are available on local disks. You can use them for logs or temporary work space. It's because changing the number of instances or switching instances are considered to be normal operations.
(4) Round robin is the only available load balancing method. Please be careful of the method of session management.
- What are the environments for Java, PHP, Ruby and Staticfile?PaaS
- Is SSH for instances on Cloud Foundry available?PaaS