Logical Network - FAQ
- When I create a logical network after creating a new tenant, the status becomes an error and creation fails.ECL2.0, Logical Network
- After creating a new tenant, an error occurred when creating a logical network.ECL2.0, Logical Network
- Can I connect both Internet gateway and VPN gateway to one logical network?ECL2.0, Logical Network
- Can I edit the IP Address Pool of the subnet?ECL2.0, Logical Network
No. In order to change the IP Address Pool, it is necessary to delete / re-create the subnet.
- In order to connect the logical network to the bare metal server, an IP created which named "Fixed IP" when creating the port. What is Fixed IP?ECL2.0, Logical Network
"Fixed IP" represents the IP address assigned from the logical network.
If you did not manually specify the address when creating the bare metal server, automatically sets the lowest number of unused addresses within the IP address allocation range.
* Service Descriptions
- Is it possible to use asymmetric communication (communication in which traffic go and return are separate routes)?ECL2.0, Logical Network
In Enterprise Cloud 2.0, asymmetric communication may not be able to communicate.
Please design so that traffic going and returning are symmetric communication with the same route.
· Virtual server
· Load balancer
· Network type security
Asymmetric communication example 1
When multiple interfaces are used, partial communication may be asymmetric communication.
Please add individual static routes and design to be symmetric communication.
Asymmetric communication example 2
When VRRP redundancy is performed with multiple interfaces, if the VRRP state (Master / Backup) is different Transit communication is asymmetric communication.
Make VRRP statuses consistent and design to be symmetric.
Please refer to the tutorial for detailed configuration example of firewall / load balancer.
Asymmetric communication example 3
If you use the DSR (Direct Server Return) function on the load balancer, the return communication will cause the load balancer Since it does not pass through, it becomes asymmetric communication.
Please do not use the DSR function and design it as target communication.
- What is Address Management function (Subnet)?ECL2.0, Logical Network
Address information commonly used in a Logical Network (IP address block, default gateway, DNS server, NTP server, etc.) can be managed.
* 1: If you create multiple subnets, it does not separate L2 network.
* 2: Up to one subnet is allowed to enable DHCP in one Logical Network. If multiple subnets are created in one Logical Network and DHCP of multiple subnets are enabled, they will be outside of our support.
- I want to use one virtual NIC to set two or more IP addresses (a primary IP, a secondary IP, and so forth). Can I do this?ECL2.0, Logical Network, Virtual Server
You may be able to assign two or more IP addresses to one NIC on a virtual server if you use a fixed IP address (fixed IP) on a logical network to set two or more IP addresses to one port and set the added IP addresses on the OS. We are sorry for your inconvenience, but this function is not supported on virtual servers. The customers can implement it on their own responsibility.
Note that you can add the registrations of IP addresses as fixed IP addresses (fixed IP) but you cannot delete a specific IP address you have added. Be careful because you need to delete the port if you want to delete registered IP addresses.
*As shown in the service description about the restriction, one IP address should be assigned to one NIC in principle.
- Can I set a global IP address given by a provider other than ECL2.0 on the Logical Network?ECL2.0, Logical Network
The customers can assign a global IP address legitimately acquired by their company on a logical network. The system does not have such limitation.
In the case of a VPN connectivity, there is not limitation on the IP addresses you can set to a destination network on a static route. Therefore, the customers can use a global IP given by a third party for a route advertisement on a UNO network.
In the case of an Internet Connectivity, the IP addresses you can set to a destination network on a static route are limited only to the global IP's acquired in the ECL2.0 service. Therefore, the customers are not allowed to advertise a global IP address acquired from anywhere else on the Internet.
- If two different virtual MAC addresses are specified for the same virtual IP address in the setting of "Allowed Address Pair" of Logical Network, does the redundancy work properly?ECL2.0, Logical Network
No, the redundancy does not work properly.
If you want to use the same IP address for multiple ports for redundancy, you need to add the same virtual IP address and the same virtual MAC address to the "Allowed Address Pair" item of all the ports you want to redundant.
Without this setting, the connection to the virtual IP address can not be performed correctly.