Load Balancer - FAQ
- When HA function of the virtual server instance is enabled, can I get an email notification of HA switching?ECL2.0, Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter), Load Balancer, Network-based Security, Virtual Server
When HA switching occurs on the hypervisor that accommodates the virtual server, the customer is notified by e-mail, in which the target virtual server is described.
The destination of the notification e-mail includes the e-mail address of the registered administrative user and the e-mail address of the general user who can access to the tenant concerned.
- The status on the portal of the Load Balancer (NetScaler VPX) has changed from "running" to "stopped".ECL2.0, Load Balancer
- How to use X-Forwarded-For with Load Balancer (NetScaler VPX)?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
Please refer to the following for the setting of X-Forwarded-For, which has been verified by us.
Tutorial - Notifying client IP address to a registered Web Server
We have also confirmed that Client IP header can be inserted in Service Group.
Please check the Client IP and enter "X - Forwarded - For" in the Header in the Service Group Settings.
- Is it possible to use Load Balancer to make two servers active-standby?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
We can only support the balancing rules described below.
Tutorial - Load Balancer - Setting Server Distribution Method
For information on other rules, please refer to the following user guide and verify them for yourself.
If you apply for Advanced Support, it would be possible for us to contact the vendor.
（Refference）NetScaler VPX Userguide
- What is the setting upper limit of various parameters of Load Balancer (NetScaler VPX)?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
- I have set redundancy by VRRP on Load Balancer. Is the session synchronized when VRRP is switched in a situation where the client is sending a session to the server via Load Balancer?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
- Is it possible to stop Load Balancer(NetScaler VPX) so that it would not be charged?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
No. It is not possible to stop Load Balancer(NetScaler VPX).
- Tell me the details of the maximum throughput for each plan of Load Balancer (NetScaler VPX)?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
The maximum throughput for each plan of Load Balancer (NetScaler VPX) indicates the maximum value that can be used for each plan, and does not guarantee the maximum throughput.
In general, for sessions with high CPU load such as SSL session, Load Balancer (NetScaler VPX) would perform worse.
Also, the maximum throughput of Load Balancer (NetScaler VPX) is the sum of the inbound sessions of all the interfaces.
The excess is discarded. (Outbound sessions are not calculated.)
- How can we check the logs of Load balancer?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
Please refer to Tutorials - Load Balancer - Log Check for how to confirm with GUI.
For reference information, the following commands are listed in the official Citrix document as to how to confirm from the CLI.
- How to maintain a session by Cookie Insert.ECL2.0, Load Balancer
Please refer to following URL.