Load Balancer - FAQ
- What would happen when vulnerability or bugs are found in EOS(End of Sales) version of LoadBalancer (NetScaler VPX)?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
Until EOL(End of Life), we will provide the information about vulnerability and software bugs and workarounds if the product manufacturer offers.
After EOL(End of Life), we will not be able to receive repairs on vulnerabilities and bugs by the product manufacturer, please use a new version which the vulnerabilities and bugs are fixed.
- Can I keep using EOS(End of Sales) version of LoadBalancer (NetScaler VPX)?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
Yes. Until EOL(End of Life), we will provide support for inquiries regarding technical contents and usage of LoadBalancer(NetScaler VPX).
However, after EOL(End of Life), we will not provide support other than support for failure of virtual server infrastructure and Customer Portal / API. It is also important to note that charges will continue for the same amount and will not guarantee operation after future changes to the underlying version.
Information on lifecycle policies can be found below.
- Is it possible to set the IP address of "X - Forwarded - For (XFF)" to the syslog outputted from the Load Balancer?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
It is not possible to set the XFF IP address for syslog outputted by the Load Balancer.
A Load Balancer has X-Forwarded-For function to notify client IP address to a registered Web Server.
- How to update procedure of SSL certificates of Load Balancer?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
Log in to the NetScaler VPX GUI and follow the steps below to update SSL certificates.
1) Traffic Management >> SSL >> Click "Certificates"
2) Select certificate to be updated
3) Click "Update"
4) Select the checkbox "Click to update the Certificate / Key"
5) Click ▼ to the right of "Browse" button of "Certificate File Name", select Local, select new certificate
6) Click ▼ to the right of "Browse" button of "Key File Name", select Local, select a new secret key
7) If necessary, enter Password (passphrase)
8) Click "OK"
9) Confirm that Status is "Valid"
# Restarting the load balancer is unnecessary.
- Attempting to set up an NTP server on the load balancer (NetScaler VPX) GUI results in the following error. Error in retrieving NTP Server.Not authorized to execute this command [show ntp server]ECL2.0, Load Balancer
As described in the following Service Descriptions, the load balancer (NetScaler VPX) is not able to use NTP functions.
The following functions can not be used.
・Cooperation with external system Function
DNS(Server, Client), NTP(Client)
- An error occurs when I register a certificate on Load Balancer.ECL2.0, Load Balancer
For server certificates and intermediate certificates, always use those issued by the Certification Authorities.
If you put a certificate without a specific field like a self-certificate, you will not be able to perform operations such as browsing or deleting certificates.
- When I execute Ping from Load Balancer (Netscaler VPX) on GUI, it fails.ECL2.0, Load Balancer
It is reported from Citrix that when entering a value of Count option "5" or more when ping from GUI, the result is not displayed. Please input the value of Count option "4" or less, then execute Ping.
If you want to select "5" or more, please execute Ping with CLI.
- What is the specification of "Max Requests" setting in the service group of Load Balancer (NetScaler VPX)?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
"Max Requests" is a parameter that sets the maximum number of connections to the service group among the load balancing functions.
For example, group "Web 1, Web 2" to a member of service group A and set "8" to "Max Requests" (the maximum value that can be set is "65536").
In this case, up to 8 connection requests can be made to the service group "Web 1, Web 2" of the server connected to the load balancer.
- How to check the connection status of Load Balancer (NetScaler VPX)?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
- Can I upgrade the Load Balancer to a new version?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
No. Since this menu does not provide upgrade to the new version, customers need to subscribe to the new version of Load Balancer (Citrix NetScaler VPX) and switch from the old version of Load Balancer (Citrix NetScaler VPX).
Please refer to Service Descriptions - Load Balancer - How to replace version.