Internet Connectivity - FAQ
- The following error occurred when creating the gateway interface. ”One or more of the IPs defined in the GW Interface resource did not pass the validation!”ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
Please confirm the following about the IP address you are setting.
The IP addresses that can be assigned to the gateway interface of the Internet gateway are as follows.
・Private IP address
・Global IP address which assigned by Internet Gateway(contracted for this service)
Service Descriptions - Internet Connectivity - Internet Gateway Function
- Although I have purchased Internet Connectivity menu, I can not connect SSH from the Internet to the virtual server.ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
There are no specifications that deny SSH connection in Internet gateways, logical networks, etc.
The most common reasons for failing SSH connection from the Internet are as follows.
・In the virtual server to be destination, the setting for SSH connection has not been established
・In the Managed Firewall, communication can not be permitted
・In the Internet gateway, routing settings are incorrect
For each setting method, please refer to the following link.
Tutorial - Managed Firewall / Managed UTM
- When acquiring global IP, an error shows "Quota for public_ip exceeded".ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
Customers can subscribe global IP addresses based on the following subnet mask. The maximum number of subnet mask that Customers can subscribe per Tenant is 4.
The error "Quota for public_ip exceeded" may be caused by this restriction.
In order to resolve the error, after deleting the global IP, you need to expand and reacquire the address range.
- When I get global IP address in creating Internet Gateway, "Tenant [tenant ID] Quota for public_ip exceeded" error appears.ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
The cause of this error should be correspond to following limitation.
■Service Descriptions - Internet Connectivity - Important Notes of Subscription
The maximum number of subnet mask that Customers can subscribe per Tenant is 4. They cannot subscribe more than 5 subnets.
- Is it possible to change the plan from Best Effort to Guaranteed Bandwidth on Internet Connectivity or vice versa?ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
Yes. How to change the plan is referred in below FAQ.
- How can we modify the bandwidth plan of Internet Gateway?ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
Customers can modify Internet Gateway settings via Customer Portal or API.
This modification is effective immediately.
- Is it necessary to consider broadcast address etc. when applying for global IP provided by Internet connectivity on a subnet basis?ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
- Is it possible to change the number of global IPs without changing the global IP address acquired first on the Internet?ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
It is impossible to change the address range of the global IPs once acquired.
To change the global IP address range, there is only a way to reacquire it after deletion of the global IP, in that case it will be changed from the global IP you have been using.
- How to configure Internet gateway that uses only one global IP?ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
Since the Internet gateway is redundant with VRRP, customers need to assign three IP addresses.
If there is only one global IP, the following settings are required.
1. Build the logical network with private IP address
2. Connect the Internet gateway to the logical network created in 1.
3. Connect the firewall or VM to the logical network created in 1, and set NAT communication to global IP ( which is /32 )
4. On Internet Gateway, configure a static route with a destination address of global IP (/32) and a next-hop address of firewall or VM created at 3.
Please refer to Service descriptions -- Internet Connectivity
* More specific Setting method is out of our support.
- Does disconnection occur at plan change?ECL2.0, Internet Connectivity
There is no disruption of communication due to plan change both in the change of portal / API.
It is same for plan changes with different types, such as Guaranteed Bandwidth from best effort.
In the case of a plan change in which the bandwidth becomes smaller, packets exceeding the changed bandwidth will be dropped, but communication will not be interrupted.