Host-based Security - FAQ
- What server is sending the alert mail in the Managed Host-based Security menu?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
The alert mail is sent from the managed server.
Service Descriptions - Managed Anti-Virus - Communication Requirements
Service Descriptions - Managed Virtual Patch - Communication Requirements
Service Descriptions - Managed Host-based Security Package - Communication Requirements
FAQ - Can I get Alert Notifications on Host-based security menu?
- Is "e-mail address" that registered when ordering Managed Anti-Virus able to change after application?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
Changing the registered e-mail address can be performed when changing the number of your subscriptions or changing the available functions.
It is not possible to change only the registered e-mail address.
Tutorial - Changing Available Functions of Your Subscription
- Is it possible to set an alert mail destination on a per-server basis with Managed Host-based Security?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
No. Alerts can not be set differently for each policy or computer.
Configuration changes made to properties for one alert apply to the whole.
Reference: Tutorial ‐ Setting up Notification Alert
- What port which is used for connection between Managed Host-based Security agent and management server?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
TCP 443 and TCP 80 are used for connection between the agent of Managed Host-based Security and the management server.
Although it seems to be a specification that communicates using HTTP(S), actually it communicates encrypted TCP communication rather than HTTP(S) by using ports 443 and 80.
Reference: Service Descriptions - Agent Communication Requirements
- What is the purpose of "E-mail address" registered when ordering Managed Anti-Virus?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
- Is it possible to contract multiple Host-based Security menus within one tenant?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
No. Only one Host-based Security menu is available within one tenant.
Reference: Tutorial - Managed Anti-Virus - Subscriptions Method - Note
- Is it possible to register multiple email addresses as "Email address" when ordering Managed Anti-Virus?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
- What kind of alerts are issued when a virus is detected on Host-based Security menu?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
There are two types of notification alerts in Host-based Security menu.: System Alert & Security Alert.
Detecting virus alert is notified as Security Alert.
Please refer to Tutorials - Setting up Notification Alert for details.
- Can I get Alert Notifications on Host-based security menu?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
Some settings are necessary for this, so please refer to Security Tutorial - Host-based Security - Alert Settings for details.
- Is there a test virus provided for virus detection testing?ECL2.0, Host-based Security