Host-based Security - FAQ
- Can I set multiple destinations for alert notification emails on Host-based Security menu?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
Yes. By setting "Individual Notifications" in addition to "Basic Alert Destination", you can set multiple notification destinations as desired.
- Please tell me the global IP address of Trend Micro Server (Smart Protection Server).ECL2.0, Host-based Security
Due to the specifications provided by Trend Micro, it is not disclosed.
- Is it possible to manage Host-based Security menus used in several regions / tenants in one security control panel screen?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
- On the Managed Anti-Virus administration screen, "Test SMTP Settings" is successful, but the acutual alert mail fails.ECL2.0, Host-based Security
"Testing SMTP settings" is not for verifying whether alert mail is sent, but for verifying the connectivity to the mail server.
There is a possibility that the setting of the destination address is incomplete as a reason for failing to send the actual alert mail, please check it again.
- Is it possible to change the execution privilege such as ReadOnly restriction to a specific user with Security menu (Managed Firewall etc)?ECL2.0, Host-based Security, Network-based Security
As for security menu (ManagedUTM, Managed Firewall) and backup menu, it is not covered by API permission management function, so it is not possible to perform Read Only and access restrictions on specific users.
- How to check upgrade status of Agent in Host-based Security menu?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
You can check it from the management console.
For the current version, you can double-click the target host and check it in "Version" described in [Overview]> [Processing]> [Software].
The latest version is displayed in [Administration]> [Update]> [Software]> [Local], so you can check with it.
You can also confirm by setting alert from [Alert].
It is also possible to notify e-mails of alerts.
- What server is sending the alert mail in the Managed Host-based Security menu?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
The alert mail is sent from the managed server.
- Is "e-mail address" that registered when ordering Managed Anti-Virus able to change after application?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
Changing the registered e-mail address can be performed when changing the number of your subscriptions or changing the available functions.
It is not possible to change only the registered e-mail address.
- Is it possible to set an alert mail destination on a per-server basis with Managed Host-based Security?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
- What port which is used for connection between Managed Host-based Security agent and management server?ECL2.0, Host-based Security
TCP 443 and TCP 80 are used for connection between the agent of Managed Host-based Security and the management server.
Although it seems to be a specification that communicates using HTTP(S), actually it communicates encrypted TCP communication rather than HTTP(S) by using ports 443 and 80.