Common Function Gateway - FAQ
- What is the IP address range of Logical Network connected to Common Function Gateway.Common Function Gateway, ECL2.0
It is "169.254.0.0/17".
Please note that below IP address / Subnet cannot be assigned to Customer's resources.
169.254.0.2 --- For DHCP server port
169.254.0.3 --- For connection to Common Function Gateway (primary)
169.254.0.4 --- For connection to Common Function Gateway (secondary)
169.254.127.0/24 --- For Common Function
Please refer to below for the details.
- After configuring Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) on the virtual server, the connectivity via the common function gateway was interrupted.Common Function Gateway, ECL2.0, Oracle
As described in the following Service Descriptions, the IP address assigned on the interconnect line of Oracle Real Application Clusters (RAC) may conflict with the IP address used by the ECL Common Function Gateway.
In order to avoid this conflict, convert the IP address of the Common Function Gateway with NAT, etc. at the Oracle RAC node (OS level) or an external firewall.
- I want to block all communications that I do not allow when setting firewall function on the server. Please tell me the recommended setting of whitelist.Common Function Gateway, ECL2.0
If you are going to use the Common Function GW, give permission to the communications to the network used in the Logical Network for the connection to the Common Function GW. You need to enable the periodical communications for the use of an NTP server and for the activation of the OS license as the network is for the service management.
On the other hand, as the Monitoring service monitors from the side of the service management platform, you do not need to consider the settings.
- How to use common functions from resources that are not connected to the logical network for Common Function Gateway.Common Function Gateway, ECL2.0
When there are some resources that cannot be connected to the logical network for Common Function Gateway, connect firewall to the logical network for Common Function Gateway, set up NAT/Routing, etc and connect the resource to the common function pool from another logical network.
- How long does it take to complete creation of the common function gateway?Common Function Gateway, ECL2.0
- Please tell me how to create / delete Common Function Gateway.Common Function Gateway, ECL2.0
- What is a Common function gateway?Common Function Gateway, ECL2.0
Common Function Gateway is a gateway that Customers can connect their Tenant with Common Function Pool. NTT Com provides this function as a dedicated virtual router for Customers with redundant infrastructure.
The common function pool provides functions such as license server and NTP server.
For details, please refer to service descriptions.
- Can I configure the multiple Common Function Gateways in one Tenant?Common Function Gateway
- Have the NTP Server been provided?Common Function Gateway
- Have Common Function Gateways been redundant?Common Function Gateway