Baremetal Server - FAQ
- How to change the default gateway for VMware vSphere ESXi?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0
Please follow the below steps.
1. Execute the Remote Console Access to Baremetal server according to Tutorial.
2. On DCUI screen, of VMware vSphere ESXi, press [F2].
3. On Authentication Required screen, put User / Password and press [Enter].
4. On System Customization screen, select "Configure Management Network" and press [Enter].
5. On Configure Management Network screen, select "IP Configuration" and press [Enter].
6. On IP Configuration screen, change IP address of Default Gateway and press [Enter].
7. On IP Configuration screen, press [Esc].
8. When you are required to reflect the change and reboot the management network, press [Y] on Configure Management Network : Confirm screen.
- Please tell me about past events that are assumed to be due to baremetal server firmware malfunction.Baremetal Server, ECL2.0
The following is reported as a possible cause that the problem of the firmware affected the customer system.
Customers using the corresponding firmware version below should update the firmware.
For firmware update method / recommended update version, refer to the following tutorial.
<Events assumed to be caused by firmware>
◆ Target firmware version
Target flavor: General Purpose 1 - 3 / Workload Optimized 1
Target firmware version: iLO firmware is 2.40 or 2.42, and system ROM is 2.20 or earlier version
When the Smart Storage battery fails, the baremetal server does not respond.
- Ping failure
- Console access via iLO unavailable
In addition, the following message is displayed in Integrated Management Log (IML).
“POST Error: 312-HPE Smart Storage Battery 1 Failure - Communication with the battery failed. Its output may not be enabled. Action: Verify battery is properly installed. Refer to user guide. Contact HPE support if condition persists. Smart Storage Battery failure (Battery 1). Action: 1. Consult server troubleshooting guide. 2 Gather AHS log and contact Support Smart Storage Battery has exceeded the maximum amount of devices supported (Battery 1 service information: 0x07). Action: 1. Remove additional devices. 2. Consult server troubleshooting guide. 3. Gather AHS log and contact Support “
- Is there any way not to charge a baremetal server?Baremetal Server, Billing
- How to manage firmware version of Baremetal Server.Baremetal Server, ECL2.0
Customer will be required to manage firmware version. It is recommended that you update the firmware on a regular basis. In addition, please note that, in order to respond to defects that severely affect the service continuation such as serious vulnerability, we may guide you to update the firmware from the service side.
To update the firmware, please use the driver/maintenance tool of the server vendor.
Please refer to the tutorial on how to update the firmware.
Updating the firmware may affect the operation of the customer system, so please check carefully at the time of updating.
- How to use yum?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0, Virtual Server
Official image template RedhatOS case
Repository is provided using Red Hat Update Infrastructure (RHUI). In order to use this RHUI, it is necessary to create a common function gateway on the tenant and connect it to the virtual server. Therefore, please refer to the following tutorial and check whether yum command can be executed.
You also need to create an ifcfg file and restart it. As for the ifcfg file, it becomes the contents of the guest OS and it is excluded from the support. We have confirmed that it becomes possible to communicate with NTP server by setting by referring to [Configuring an Interface with Dynamic Network Settings Using ifcfg Files] below.
· Official image template CentOS
By default, there is a repository under /etc/yum.repos.d/. In order to access this repository, it is necessary to subscribe Internet connection menu separately.
- How to transfer the files saved on the client terminal to the ECL2.0 server?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0, Virtual Server
- Can I mount an ISO image file?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0, Virtual Server
Mount ISO image files are not available.
Reference: Related FAQ
Bare metal server
After uploading the ISO image to the image storage area,
By using the media connection function, it is mountable.
Reference: Tutorial> 5. How to use bare metal server> 5.2.8. Media connection function
- How can we attach the media on Baremetal servers vSphere ESXi installed?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0
- I created the Key Pair but the configuration is not necessary in Windows. Could I delete the Key Pair?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0
- Are there any access limits for the SSL-VPN on the Baremetal Sever?Baremetal Server