Arcserve - FAQ
- I cannot upgrade Arcserve License from V6 to V6.5 or over on Arcserve menu.Arcserve, ECL2.0
When any underscore "_" is included in domain name or server name of the server using V6, you cannot upgrade it to V6.5 or over. As a solution, you can select either of below options.
1. Change domain name or server name.
2. Use Arcserve UDP V6.5.
Please refer to below page for the details.
https://arcserve.zendesk.com/hc/ja/articles/115003189646 (Japanese only)
- Can I continue to use V6 applications after terminating the Arcserve License?Arcserve, ECL2.0
- On Arcserve Menu, can I terminate V6 before applying for V6.5 or later?Arcserve, ECL2.0
- How do I prepare the upgrade file for the Arcserve menu without an Internet connection?Arcserve, ECL2.0
Internet connection is required to download the upgrade file. If you do not have Internet connection, please download the upgrade file according to the following method.
1. Enable connection to the Internet by changing settings such as FW.
Please make sure that the network to which the server to be upgraded is connected is temporarily ready for Internet connection by changing settings such as FW (*), and download the upgrade file.
2. Use an NW that can connect to the Internet, or create a new NW that can connect to the Internet.
Download the upgrade file on a server connected to the Internet-enabled NW, and place the upgrade file on the server to be upgraded by file sharing, etc.
(*)If you change settings such as FW, the connection information of Arcserve as the download source is as follows.
-Download source server name: downloads.arcserve.com
-Port number used for download: 443 (HTTPS)
If additional resources are added by the Internet connection or file sharing, additional costs will be incurred.
- What happens to the charge during the upgrade process for the Arcserve menu?Arcserve, ECL2.0
- When I newly apply for V6.5 or later on Arcserve menu, will V6 be removed at the same time?Arcserve, ECL2.0
- Is it possble to use V6 and V6 or later together on Arcserve menu?Arcserve, ECL2.0
Please find the below conditions for using V6 and V6 or over together.
OS Agent single-use UDP (management) console use Windows 〇 〇 Linux 〇 ×
Upgrade to V6.5 is necessary for UDP console.
When you register UDP console, regardless of versions, the license keys for the number of the agents are necessary.
If you use V6 and V6.5 together, please create a V6.5 recovery (BMR) media.
- Do you offer the license key for the upgrade version on Arcserve Menu for free?Arcserve, ECL2.0
- How long is Arcserve "V6" available?Arcserve, ECL2.0
Arcserve "V6" is available until Tue 7/31/2019, which is the end date of offer.
By the end of offer, please upgrade your version to V6.5 and apply for the termination of V6.
In addition, if you do not apply for the termination by the end date of offer, we will carry out the termination on that date. V6 application is not available, so please uninstall it from the server.
- Let me know the information required when activating Arcserve UDP v6.5.Arcserve, ECL2.0
As a specification of Arcserve UDP v6.5 product, you do not have to activate as long as the license is registered properly.
Therefore, the information (Fulfillment Number, etc) required for the activation is unnecessary. Even if you are asked the information, there is no problem going forward with leaving it blank.
Solution Guides - 2. Migration Example to Enterprise Cloud 2.0 Virtual Server by Arcserve UDP Version 6.5 - 2.2. Download and Installation
The “Activate Arcserve UDP“ screen appears. Leave the blank and click "Skip Activation".