Account - FAQ
- When I tried to open my tenant via Cloud Computing Control Panel with Google Chrome, the other tenant which I didn't specify was opened.Account, ECL2.0
Please use Firefox.
We acknowledged this issue and conducted the investigation and specified the cause.[Related URL] https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2020/07/referrer-policy-new-chrome-default
The cause of this issue lies in the Referrer handling change in Google Chrome (after version85).
The upgraded Google Chrome doesn't send the tenant information to the authentication server when Customer selected their tenant and this causes that the customer can't open their selected tenant.
We are considering the countermeasures against this issue.
However, it will take time.
Due to the above, we'd like the customers to use Firefox when you access to your tenant via Cloud Computing Control Panel.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
- What is the difference among Super User, Normal User and Contract Owner.Account, Common, ECL2.0
This user can execute each operation, such as create/delete tenant, access control, manage user.
Within the portal, this user can refer to information about themselves or operate only tenants with access rights. Newly created users are created as Normal users first. By using the user type change function, you can change Normal User to Super User.
Contract Owner (one of the Super Users)
This user is a special user who always exists in the contract created at contract creation. It will always be a Super User. Contract management (reference and cancellation of contract information) is available only to the Contract user.
- Some users can not view Cloud Computing Control Panel etc. from the Smart Data Platform Portal.Account, ECL2.0, Portal / API
In order to view Cloud Computing Control Panel etc. of each tenant from the Smart Data Platform Portal, it is necessary for the user to have access to the tenant. Admin-User can manage access permissions of each user on the Tenants.
Please refer to the following for the procedure.
In case of access from other than the recommended Internet browser, the portal may not be displayed correctly.
Please also check your Internet browser.
Reference FAQ：Which browsers are available for ECL 2.0 portal?
- Is it possible to set Read-Only User with API Authority Control Function?Account, ECL2.0
Yes. it is possible to set ReadOnlyUser. Please refer to the following for details.
In Enterprise Cloud 2.0, the administrative user can control API execution authority of each general user.
- Can I apply for a JP3 tenant?Account, ECL2.0
- How can I apply for Advanced Plan?Account, ECL2.0
- Can I create multiple Business Portal accounts with one email address?Account
- Can I register multiple email address within one Business portal accounts?Account