ECL2.0 - FAQ
- I would like to change the plan of Load balancer(NetScaler VPX). What do I need to pay attention to? Is there anything I should not do? What do I need to do to avoid any issue or error? Any precautions?ECL2.0, Load Balancer
In DE1 and FR1 region, if you use "12.0-53.13 Standard Edition" or "older version" of the Load balancer(NetScaler VPX), please don't change the plan (e.g.: 50,200Mbps⇔1000, 3000Mbps).
If you should try to change the plan with the above-mentioned condition, the operation would be in error and then, you would not be able to do any operation on the Load balancer(NetScaler VPX).
To avoid any issue or error, you need to upgrade the Load balancer(NetScaler VPX) to the newest version, at first.
As for the upgrade procedure, please refer to the following URL.
Tutorials - Load Balancer - Replacing between different versions
After the upgrade, you can change the plan.
- The error is shown when I applied for the subscription of Azure in the control panel.ECL2.0, Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure
Concerning "Hybrid Cloud with Microsoft Azure" menu, there are cases in which the processing turns into error when you apply for the Azure's subscription.
If any error should be shown and the application should not be completed, we are sorry to bother you but we would like you to create a ticket to bring the issue to our attention.
- Is it possible to change the menu from Managed Firewall to Managed UTM, or vice versa?ECL2.0, Network-based Security
You can change the menu from Managed Firewall to Managed UTM without restart of the device. On the other hand, you cannot change the menu from Managed UTM to Managed Firewall.
- In the details of the usage fee downloaded in the CSV format, there are some individual resources that have id notation only. Can I add notation with resource name?Billing, ECL2.0
- Let me know the priority (master/backup) when I register VRRP on Firewall(Brocade 5600 vRouter).ECL2.0, Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter)
- How to edit the default gateway of Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter)?ECL2.0, Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter)
You can edit the default gateway of Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter) via Portal/API provided by ECL2.0. You cannot do it via Portal/API/CLI provided by Brocade 5600 vRouter.
- Let me know the order in which the filter rules are executed on Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter).ECL2.0, Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter)
When you set multiple filter rules on Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter), the rules are executed in numeric sequence, according to the rule number, from lowest to highest.
Reference: Brocade 5600 vRouter Userguide
Brocade 5600 vRouter Firewall Configuration Guide - Firewall rules
Rules are executed in numeric sequence, according to the rule number, from lowest to highest. If the traffic matches the characteristics specified by a rule, the action of the rule is executed; if not, the system “falls through” to the next rule.
- What should I do when I found the operation that cannot be performed by user-admin account in Brocade 5600 vRouter?ECL2.0, Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter)
- How to build a configuration of Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter) that uses only one global IP?ECL2.0, Firewall (Brocade 5600 vRouter)
Since the Internet gateway is redundant with VRRP, you need to assign three IP addresses.
If you use only one global IP, the following settings are required.
1. Build the logical network with private IP address
2. Connect the Internet gateway to the logical network created in 1
3. Connect the firewall or VM to the logical network created in 1, and configure NAT so that the connection to /32 global IP can be translated.
4. Set up the Internet gateway; a static route with /32 global IP as the destination, the firewall or VM created in 3 and VM as the next hop
* More specific setting methods are outside our support range.
- What is the difference among Super User, Normal User and Contract Owner.Account, Common, ECL2.0
This user can execute each operation, such as create/delete tenant, access control, manage user.
Within the portal, this user can refer to information about themselves or operate only tenants with access rights. Newly created users are created as Normal users first. By using the user type change function, you can change Normal User to Super User.
Contract Owner (one of the Super Users)
This user is a special user who always exists in the contract created at contract creation. It will always be a Super User. Contract management (reference and cancellation of contract information) is available only to the Contract user.