Virtual Server - FAQ
- Please tell me the behavior when pushing the "ctrl+alt+delete" button in console screen of virtual server.ECL2.0, Virtual Server
The behavior is different depending on the OS.
If the guest OS is Linux, when you push the ctrl+alt+delete button, your virtual server will be rebooted.
With the following command, you can disable the reboot function of the ctrl+alt+delete button.
# systemctl mask ctrl-alt-del.target
※Even if you disabled the reboot function following the above methods if you click the ctrl+alt+delete button 7 times in 2 seconds (= sending the SIGNAL 7 times in 2 seconds), your virtual server will be rebooted.
Please see the SIGNAL entries in the manual page of systemd (the URL shown below) for more information.
If the guest OS is Windows OS, if you click the ctrl+alt+delete button, your virtual server will not be rebooted.
Instead of the OS reboot, the security option screen is displayed like the following image.
- When I tried to create a volume, "Error writing field to database (HTTP 400)" was shown and I could not create the volume.ECL2.0, Virtual ServerAs specification, if "Emoji" or "variant characters" are entered in the description field when you create a volume, it will result in the following error "Error writing field to database (HTTP 400)".Please retry to create a volume without using "Emoji" or "variant characters" in the description field."Variant characters" are the old characters that have the same pronunciation and meaning but different form and shape.
- Is the redundant method available that uses the same IP address with different MAC addresses including the Windows Server Failover Cluster?ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server
We have confirmed that Windows Server Failover Cluster works under our verification environment.
As of July 2019, we have confirmed the operation with the next version.
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows Server 2016
* Since the DAD function is disabled in the official image template of the virtual server, please follow the procedure below when using a failover cluster with a virtual server.
1. Input "regedt32" in search box on Start menu and enter.
2. Click "HKEYLOCAL MACHINE" in Registry Editor.
3. Click "System" -> "CurrentControlSet" -> "Services" -> "TcpIp" -> "Parameters".
4. Right-click "Parameters" and click "New" -> "DWORD(32-bit)Value".
5. Delete "New Value #1", right-click "ArpRetryCount" and click "Delete".
6. Reboot the virtual server.
- How to collect data, generate graphs and report for virtual server memory usage by using Monitoring menu?ECL2.0, Monitoring, Virtual Server
For virtual server memory usage (and others that are not included in the meters provided as standard in Monitoring menu), you can use Monitoring function (graph display, alert setting, etc.) by using Custom Meter.
There are two methods to use Custom Meter. You can choose either or both of them according to your environment.
1. Use a custom meter agent
(Note: Windows OS is not included in the target operating system)
2. Create and use a script (for collecting data and sending it to the monitoring server)
(Note: The script needs to be prepared by customers)
Please refer to the tutorial below for detailed procedure on each method.
Service Descriptions - Monitoring - Custom Meter
Tutorials - Monitoring - Use Custom Meter
- Is the SID (Security Identifier) of Windows Server changed by snapshot duplication or system restore of the backup menu?ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server
- Is it possible to use Windows Server from private ISO on Virtual Server?ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server
- Is it possible to suspend the process of creating a snapshot of virtual server?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
- Is it possible to remove image which was created with protection turned "on"?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
For images created by turned on protection in the GUI, it is necessary to remove the protection once before removing.
For steps to remove protection, refer to the following API references,
and modify setting to "protected:false".
- License activation fails on the virtual server created from Windows Server Official Image Template.ECL2.0, OS, Virtual Server
There is a possibility that connectivity to the license server provided by NTT Com may not be established.
Follow the steps below to ensure connectivity to the license server.
Tutorial - Activate your OS License
Reference：Service Descriptions - Windows Server - Conditions for Usage with Other Services
In order to implement OS license authentication, a common function gateway is required. When using Windows Server, please make sure to apply common function gateway.
Also, if the common function gateway is removed, OS license authentication will be lost. Therefore, please be careful not to remove the common function gateway from the Windows Server that you are using.
- It is not possible to detach root volume from instance.ECL2.0, Virtual Server
Root volume is not able to detach unlike data volume. Root volume continue to be root volume for appropriate instance unless deleting instance.
Reference：Service Descriptions - Glossaries of Volume