Virtual Server - FAQ
- How do I specify the order of NICs when creating virtual server instances?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
At the time of instance creation, when there are multiple logical networks connected and configured, NICs will be randomly recognized from multiple logical networks when the instance starts up.
If you want to specify the order of NICs arbitrarily, please try the following procedure.
1. When creating a virtual server, create it by connecting only one logical network
2. Stop virtual server
3. Connect another logical network to the virtual server
4. Activate the virtual server and check whether the order of NICs is in the intended state
5. Repeat the above 2,3,4 as many times as the number of logical networks you want to connect
- I can not create a virtual server using a specific IP address in the IP address band of the logical network. There is a response of ping even though I am not using the corresponding IP address.ECL2.0, Virtual Server
When creating a subnet for a logical network, if you check [Enable DHCP], it will use one IP address for the DHCP server (the lowest number of unused addresses in the IP address assignment pool will be automatically assigned). Also, this DHCP server returns a ping response.
Please use other than the IP address assigned for the DHCP server.
* (Supplement) What is DHCP (server address setting function) of the logical network?
- How to assign a static IP address?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
There are two ways to assign static IP addresses.
1. Set the DHCP of the logical network to enable (default) and enter the static IP address on the attached screen of the logical network when creating the virtual server. In this case, as seen from the OS layer, the corresponding vNIC is addressed by DHCP, but in effect, the IP address entered above is allocated, thereafter basically no need to modify.
2. Set DHCP of the logical network to disable and enter a static IP address on the attached screen of the logical network when creating the virtual server. In this case, since the IP address is not set from the OS layer at the time of server creation, log in at the console and set the IP address you entered earlier in the OS layer.
In either method, there is no way that the instance can not be controlled from the GUI (for example, PowerOn / OFF can not be done, etc). However, the IP address seen from the cloud computing control panel and the IP address seen from the OS layer must be matched. Please be careful.
We recommend 1. In case of selected 2, please refer notes.
- I want to use one virtual NIC to set two or more IP addresses (a primary IP, a secondary IP, and so forth). Can I do this?ECL2.0, Logical Network, Virtual Server
You may be able to assign two or more IP addresses to one NIC on a virtual server if you use a fixed IP address (fixed IP) on a logical network to set two or more IP addresses to one port and set the added IP addresses on the OS. We are sorry for your inconvenience, but this function is not supported on virtual servers. The customers can implement it on their own responsibility.
Note that you can add the registrations of IP addresses as fixed IP addresses (fixed IP) but you cannot delete a specific IP address you have added. Be careful because you need to delete the port if you want to delete registered IP addresses.
*As shown in the service description about the restriction, one IP address should be assigned to one NIC in principle.
- I cannot select Create Snapshot menu on a virtual server.ECL2.0, Virtual Server
Instances created using either “Boot from image” or “Boot from snapshot” for Instance Boot Source may have snapshots taken.
Snapshots can NOT be taken from Instances created with Instance Boot Source “Boot from volume”. However, backups can be created for these Instances by using “Upload Volume to Image”. For more information please refer to section Upload a Volume to an Image.
Tutorial - Create a Snapshot of the Instance
- Is it possible to construct a DHCP server on ECL2.0 virtual server?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
- Are there any restrictions regarding virtual appliances which can work on Virtual server or Baremetal server?Baremetal Server, ECL2.0, Virtual Server
There is no restriction regarding virtual appliances brought from Customer's environment which work on Virtual server or Baremetal server.
However, BYOL(Bring Your Own License) included virtual appliances is not supported, so we do not support if there are any troubles on its working.
Reference: Service Descriptions - Image Storage
- Is it possible to connect a virtual server to the logical network for storage plane?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
No. You can connect a virtual server only to the logical network for data plane.
Reference :Service Descriptions - Network Function
- Is it possible to create multiple snapshots of virtual servers at the same time?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
- Is it possible to have the remote desktop access to the server created with official template Windows Server?ECL2.0, Virtual Server
Yes. When you create a server with official image template Windows Server, it is possible to have the remote desktop access at initial settings.
At initial settings, Windows Firewall is enabled, but remote desktop access is accepted.
Reference: Service Descriptions - Security Settings (Windows Firewall Settings)