SQLServer - FAQ
- Is it possible to bring in MSSQL whose version are not provided in ECL 2.0? MSSQL2012/2008 etc.ECL2.0, SQLServer
Yes. It is possible to bring in MSSQL whose version are not provided in ECL 2.0.
Please note that there are some differences in license certification depending on the menu.
· When using a virtual server
If you have Software Assurance, you can install SQL Server 2012 using your installer.
Applications for license mobility need to be prepared by yourself.
· When using a dedicated hypervisor
With or without Software Assurance, you can install SQL Server 2012 using your installer.
License should be prepared by yourself.
- Does redundant configurations with Always On Availability Groups work on two virtual servers created from the SQL Server official image template?ECL2.0, SQLServer
Yes. You can configure Always On Availability Groups. Please refer to below FAQ.
On the other hand, please note that Always On Failover Cluster cannot be configured when using an official image template. Since the official image template installs SQL Server the first time it starts up, it cannot support Always On Failover Cluster environment. If you bring in a license of SQL Server, you can configure Always On Failover Cluster.
- Can I copy the instance where I installed SQL Server?ECL2.0, SQLServer
- Is it possible to change the installation destination from the C drive to the D drive for the official image template SQL Server?ECL2.0, SQLServer
No. It is not possible to change the installation destination.
When creating a virtual server from the official image template SQL Server, various programs of the SQL server are automatically stored in the C drive.
It is a specification that can not be changed to another drive.
- Will the installation media of SQL Server be provided on the server created from the official template?ECL2.0, SQLServer
- Can I bring SQL to ECL2.0? Does NTTCommunications join Software Assurance Mobility Partners?ECL2.0, SQLServer
Can I bring SQL to ECL2.0?
Yes, it is possible. When bringing the license of SQL Server to the ECL 2.0 virtual server environment, it is necessary to acquire license mobility by Software Assurance. * We are pleased if you refer to 8.3 SQL Server for this question.
In addition, we can not support customers' request for how to deal with problems related to installation, setup, basic functions, etc, which customers faced in relation to licensed products used by customers.
Does NTTCommunications join Software Assurance Mobility Partners?
We are not affiliated. If you want to be affiliated, you are required to do it yourself as necessary.
- Can I create multiple SQL server instances on 1 virtual machine?ECL2.0, SQLServer
In SQL Server, only one Instance can be used on 1 virtual machine.
If multiple SQL instances are required, please create multiple virtual servers.
Please refer to Service Descriptions for detail.
FYI, Multiple instances can be created if customer exercise license mobility and bring in SQL Server.
It is necessary for customers to bring in the necessary quantity according to the number of CPUs of the VM.
Also, the number of instances does not affect the number of licenses.