Arcserve - FAQ
- When I newly apply for V6.5 or later on Arcserve menu, will V6 be removed at the same time?Arcserve, ECL2.0
- Let me know the information required when activating Arcserve UDP v6.5.Arcserve, ECL2.0
As a specification of Arcserve UDP v6.5 product, you do not have to activate as long as the license is registered properly.
Therefore, the information (Fulfillment Number, etc) required for the activation is unnecessary. Even if you are asked the information, there is no problem going forward with leaving it blank.
Solution Guides - 2. Migration Example to Enterprise Cloud 2.0 Virtual Server by Arcserve UDP Version 6.5 - 2.2. Download and Installation
The “Activate Arcserve UDP“ screen appears. Leave the blank and click "Skip Activation".
- On the ECL2.0, can I use the Arcserve license which I purchased from another vendor company?Arcserve, ECL2.0
There is no restriction on you to use your BYOL license which you purchased from another vendor company.
But as we didn't verify all of BYOL license, please use your BYOL license after verifying the license by yourself.
Regarding our verified products and usage methods, please refer to the following site.
Arcserve Solution Guide
In addition, please note that if you use your BYOL license and you would like to contact to Arcserve technical support, you need to contact via another vendor company or directly to Arcserve.
And when using it, it is necessary to satisfy the following conditions.
Available countries and regions except for ECL2.0 regions to use license for migration to ECL2.0
- Can I backup SQL server or Oracle server on ECL2.0 by Arcserve UDP?Arcserve, ECL2.0
We didn't test backup and restore of virtual server with SQL server or Oracle Database on ECL2.0.
Please refer the following FAQ about test information about what type of OS on ECL2.0 is able to be backuped and restored by arcserve UDP.
What can I back up and restore with Arcserve?
If you would like to use Arcserve UDP to backup and restore virtual server with SQL server or Oracle Database,
please confirm whether you can use Arcserve UDP to backup and restore virtual server with SQL server or Oracle Database by yourself.
Please refer the following site about Software Compatibility information of Arcserve UDP.
- Can I use Arcserve UDP on English OS and Japanese OS in a mixed environment?Arcserve, ECL2.0
- Can I restore a backup taken from previous version 6.0 to the current version 6.5?Arcserve, ECL2.0
- What is the basis when I fill in the number of the licenses in the Setting Sheet of Arcserve License?Arcserve, ECL2.0
Please fill in the number of the servers to be backed up in the number of the licenses in the Setting Sheet of Arcserve License.
In the following case, you need 2 licenses of Arcserve.
- Server to be backed up: 2 (license needed)
- Recovery Point Server(RPS): 1 (license not needed)
Regarding the license type, please refer to the following page.