Portal - FAQ
- What are the advantages of using Customer Portal ver2.0 over Customer Portal ver1.0?Portal
- The GUI is old or new depending on Data Centers. Is this normal?Portal
- What is vApp?Portal
vApp is a container that contains Virtual Machines which can be used in Customer Portal ver2.0.
This service is premised on the condition that one vApp contains one Virtual Machine.
When operating on GUI, vApp and Virtual Machine can be perceived as one, but when operating on API, please discriminate the two, as vApp and Virtual Machine are individual API objects.
- After logging in to the Customer Portal, why was I asked to log in again even if I did not log out?Portal
Regarding the session information on Customer Portal, it is managed with source IP address and cookie.
Even if it is an authenticated IP address, if you access in a different status then the time you logged in, you need to log in again.
Also, when there are no operations for 30 minutes, the authentication will be automatically timeout and you will need to log in again.
- Can you inform me of the security policies in place regarding account ID and password for the Customer Portal?Portal
- More than 8 letters.
- Only ASCII characters.
- Must contain at least one number, one capital letter, and one lower-case letter.
- Cannot contain more than three same characters in a row.
- Passwords must be changed once every 90 days.
- Passwords must be changed following your first login, or after a password reset.
- Only Portal Managers are capable of resetting a user's password.
- Accounts are locked out whenever five failed login attempts are made within ten minutes.
- The account will be unable to be used to login for at least 60 minutes.
Automatic Account Deactivation:
- An account will be automatically deactivated if a login is not made for 100 days.
- If no action is made by the user for a thirty-minute span of time, the session will be timed-out.
- In the event of a time-out of your session, please login again.
Logging in to the Customer Portal