ECL1.0 - FAQ
- Activation is required when tried to create virtual machine by using Windows OS's public template.Public Catalog
When Activation is requested, please check route settings of guest OS on virtual server.
In case of configuring non vfirewall address to default gateway, please configure new routings on guest OS.
After new routings are configured and connected to license server is up, guest OS of virtual server automatically conducts Activation.
Please see below link for how to change default gateway via vFirewall.
"In Windows Server 2012, I would like to change the default gateway used by the vFirewall (or some other integrated network appliance). If need to add new static routing information, what sort of information exactly should I add?"
- Can we change Firewall rule order on Integrated Network Appliance(INA)?Integrated Network Appliance
- What is the power off operation on VM?Compute Resource
Shutdown the vApp and then Power off will be the recommended operation for the safe shutdown.
Please be careful to Power off the vApp when the vApp is power on status, the data on the Guest OS may be broke due to the forcible power off of VM.
Shutdown operation is required to install and running VMware tools on the VM.
Please find the Enterprise Cloud user guide, operate vApp chapter.
- What is the Service Spec for the Integrated Network Appliance(INA) session timeout value?Integrated Network Appliance
- Created virtual server from Redhat Enterprise Linux template. How do I activate with single user mode of OS?Compute Resource
Please refer to below steps for activation.
Please note that the steps mentioned below need to be done via console screen of customer portal.
*In certain cases, it cannot be activated with below method due to OS environment.
- Press "ESC" when starting server then the screen will transition to GRUB menu
- Select the kernel you wish to activate and press "e" to transition to edit mode
- Insert " single"(Space before "single") after command is shown
- Press "Enter" to finish edit mode
- Press "b" on GRUB menu screen to boot
- Activate by single-user mode
- I am using Integrated Network Appliance(INA). Can I change subnet mask of Global IP address block?Integrated Network Appliance
- When rebooting virtual server, can I reboot by manually or via scheduler on guest OS?Portal
When shutting down and rebooting on guest OS, there is a possibility of it affecting status information of guest OS and virtual platform.
To avoid that, please conduct shutdown and reboot action from customer portal.
Rebooting OS can be done by pushing “Reboot “button after selecting virtual server.
To reboot virtual server, first, please select “Shutdown” then “Power Off”, and finally “Power Off” on customer portal.
- For Integrated Network Appliance(INA), can we group IP addresses or protocols, and configure it as a Firewall filtering rule?Integrated Network Appliance
- Time zone became UTC after Virtual server is created. Is it possible to change?Compute Resource
- How long would the connectivity interruption be, if incidents occur in Integrated Network Compliance?Integrated Network Appliance
If you selected redundant plan, hot standby will be provided and switch the network in approximately 30 seconds. Even when single plan is selected, infrastructure side is redundant; therefore network will be switch in approximately 5-10 minutes.
*Time takes will be different according to type of incidents and infrastructure architecture.