Compute Resource - FAQ
- Can we know the physical server configuration or spec information which is using in Enterprise Cloud?Compute Resource
- I failed to reduce disk size of a virtual machine with an error.Compute Resource
- Created virtual server from Redhat Enterprise Linux template. How do I activate with single user mode of OS?Compute Resource
Please refer to below steps for activation.
Please note that the steps mentioned below need to be done via console screen of customer portal.
*In certain cases, it cannot be activated with below method due to OS environment.
- Press "ESC" when starting server then the screen will transition to GRUB menu
- Select the kernel you wish to activate and press "e" to transition to edit mode
- Insert " single"(Space before "single") after command is shown
- Press "Enter" to finish edit mode
- Press "b" on GRUB menu screen to boot
- Activate by single-user mode
- Time zone became UTC after Virtual server is created. Is it possible to change?Compute Resource
- I forgot virtual server password. Can I reset the password?Compute Resource
- What is the power off operation on VM?Compute Resource
Shutdown the vApp and then Power off will be the recommended operation for the safe shutdown.
Please be careful to Power off the vApp when the vApp is power on status, the data on the Guest OS may be broke due to the forcible power off of VM.
Shutdown operation is required to install and running VMware tools on the VM.
Please find the Enterprise Cloud user guide, operate vApp chapter.
- If you expand the resource of Global File Storage, will the stored data remain?Compute Resource
- In the menu of Virtual server management, there is an option, "Delete All virtual machines". Does it delete all the virtual machines in the compute resource?Compute Resource
- I was assigned a hostname that starts with "jvx" when I newly made a Virtual Machine in the Customer Portal screen. Can I change this hostname?Compute Resource
Changing the hostname of the Virtual Machine in guest OS is possible, however, it will be returned back to the original hostname when executing Guest Customization.[Reference] -Enterprise Cloud User's Guide
This will possibly influence the applications you installed; therefore it is recommended that you do not change the hostname.
You can still change the name of the Virtual Machine in the Customer Portal.
Automatic reconfiguration after Virtual Machine is changed
Changing name/description/# of vCPU/memory capacity
- What is the difference between Power Off button and Shutdown button in the Virtual Machine management screen?Compute Resource
- Shutdown button: For shutting down guest OS on Virtual Machine. Power state will change to Partially Powered Off state.
- PowerOff button: For shutting down Virtual Machine.
Note: This button will forcefully shut down Virtual Machine. Therefore please use this function after shutting down guest OS.
Note: In case of changing Virtual Machine configuration (ID, description, # of vCPUs, Memory capacity, name of disk, disk capacity), please make sure that the Virtual Machine is powered off.[Reference] -Enterprise Cloud User's Guide
Managing Virtual Machines