By default neither the device access to nor its policy have been set up. Before utilizing the Security function, you need to configure the required settings according to your environment.
Below is a procedure on how to set up the basic settings of Security.
- After setting up device interfaces, access to the Logical Network.
- Set up the Default Gateway of your device and the Static Route.
- Set up the following items to be utilized at your Firewall Policy: an IP Address, a NAT, and a Service Object.
- How to Set up a Security Profile (When Using Managed UTM )Set up a Security Profile to be utilized at the Firewall Policy.
- Set up the control rule for communications by combination with the Interface and the Object.When you utilize the Managed UTM, set up a new firewall policy additionally by using the profile of the security function.
- As needed, execute Setting up the Log Sending Settings to a Customer Managed Syslog Server. , and Setting up a Time Zone .
For additional information on the individual setting procedure on respective items, please refer to each appropriate procedure for each of the settings.