220.127.116.11. Bring your OS to Baremetal Server¶
The following contents describe the procedures for installing ISO images from Windows Server 2012 R2 to Baremetal Server.
- Upload the ISO image of the OS you want to install to the image storage area. (It assumes a UEFI bootable ISO image)
- Create a Baremetal Server without any image.
- You need to shutdown baremetal server by clicking “Shut Down Server”.
- With the Media Attach function, attach the ISO image above to the Baremetal Server which has been created without any image.[Ref.] 5.2.8. Attaching Media (https://ecl.ntt.com/en/documents/tutorials/rsts/Baremetal-Server/setting/media_attach.html) for your information.
- Click "Start Server", select "ISO boot" and start it.
- Access the console via the Remote Console Access menu. As the message "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD...." appears on the console screen, press any key on your keyboard.
- Installing will be started.
Downloading Driver/Maintenance Tool¶
- Move to necessary websites provided by server vendor, which distribute driver/maintenance tools, by following the instructions indicated in the right-side of the ”Launch Server” or "Media Attach" window.
- Download the latest ISO file from the tool list to your local computer.Here, select “P09835_001_spp-2018.09.0-SPP2018090.2018_0914.32.iso”.
- Upload the driver/maintenance tool, which you downloaded above, to the Image Storage.
- After booting the Baremetal Server, with the Media Attach function, attach the ISO file of which the server vendor's driver/maintenance tool that you have uploaded to the Image Storage.
- Double-click on CD drive (D:), and double-click [ launch.hpsum.bat ].
- When the web browser boots and the start screen "Welcome to HP Smart Update Manager" appears, click [ Local Host Guide Update ].
- Set the mode to [ Automatic], and click [ OK ].
- Updates will be made automatically.
- When the console connection is interrupted as the picture below shows, close the console screen once. The screen like the picture below is displayed because the status of iLO cannot be recorded on IPMI temporally. This is due to iOL's rebooting that brought by iLO firmware update.
- After the console connection is interrupted, the portal screen will appear. When the rebooting process is finished, the message "Operating ng" will be displayed.(Sometimes, just after the console connection is interrupted, the screen shows "Crushed". In this case, please wait for a while until the screen shows "Operating".)
- After the OS has been rebooted, perform the local host guide update repeatedly until the message "No component installed." or "Errors occur in the process of log acquisition." is displayed.
- When you can confirm via the Device Manager on Windows that there is no unknown device, the installing process has been successfully completed.