How to Update Bare Metal Server (v1) Firmware¶
- Official Image
General Purpose 2 v1
- Tool for update
Service Pack for ProLiant (SPP) 【P26940_001_spp-2020.03.0-SPP2020030.2020_0319.22.iso】
Downloading Driver/Maintenance Tool¶
- Move to necessary websites provided by server vendor, which distribute driver/maintenance tools, by following the instructions indicated in the right-side of the ”Launch Server” or "Media Attach" window.
- Download the latest ISO file from the tool list to your local computer.In this tutorial, we will select the file 「SPP2020030.2020_0319.22.iso」and use It is.※The operation has been verified is 「SPP2020030.2020_0319.22.iso」. (As of March 2020)Move to the Old_SPP folder
Select SPP2020030.2020_0319.22.iso and download.
- Upload the ISO file downloaded to the local computer in the previous section, to the Image Storage area.
- After booting the Baremetal Server, attach the uploaded ISO file by using the Media Attach function.
- Open the CD drive (D:), and execute “launch.hpsum.bat” under the administrator authority.
- When the web browser boots and the screen Welcome to HP Smart Update Manager" appears, click [ Local Host Guide Update ]."
- Place the check mark to [ mode to Automatic ], and click [ OK ].
- Updates will be made automatically.
- Click REBOOT after the automatic update.
- Login to the Console, check [ Information ] → [ Overview ], and confirm that “iLO Firmware Version” is upgraded.
Various versions can be also checked by [ Information ] → [ Firmware Version info ].
- Log in to the server again and repeat the reboot and "Localhost Guide Update" until you see "No components were installed or there was an error retrieving logs" as shown below.