8. Enterprise Systems With SAP HANA¶
8.1. System Scenario¶
- SAP Business Suite powered by SAP HANA, SAP S/4HANA and other appliances with regards to SAP-Relational ERP and CRM are utilized as running application database platform.
- SAP HANA is utilized as data analytical platform.
- Categorically called SAP BI/W (as in Business Intelligence / Warehouse)
8.2. System Configurations¶
|SAP HANA Server||SAP HANA|
|SAP AP Server||SAP S/4HANA, SAP BW等|
|SAP-Relational Server and such||Solution Manager, SLT Server, SAP router|
|Monitoring Server, Job Management等|
8.2.1. Configure SAP HANA Server¶
For the detailed configurations for Baremetal Server Menu. Please refer to the following link:
For the detailed configurations for Filestorage Menu. Please refer to the following link:
For the detailed configurations for SAP HANA Menu. Please refer to the following link:
As with the usage of Block Storage, please refer to the following link
8.2.2. Configure SAP Appliance Server¶
As with vSphere product usage, please refer to the following link:
As with Hyper-V product usage, please refer to the following link:
With current ECL2.0, vSphere products only limit to the usage of BYOL products
8.2.3. Configure SAP-Relational Servers¶
As with the usage of vSphere products, please refer to the following link:
As with Hyper-V usage please refer to the following link:
Customers are also advised that it is possible for them to configure deploys which build through launched Instance created from the Virtual server menu depending upon their own requirements. As with the details of menu in virtual server menu, please refer to the following link:
188.8.131.52. Stipulating SAPS Values Based Upon Quick Sizer¶
- Quick Sizer is architecturally configured as a Web-based tool where SAP Business Suite sizing measurement is to be undertaken. Whatever that is the required information that Customers are to obtain, simultaneously connected users, data footprints, and such whatever the requirements of hardware will be duly given to be stipulated as memory size in SAP sizing values.
- The values of such sizing results do not include those of add-on program or customized overheads.
- Customers are requested to select servers based accordingly upon the actual system configurations. As with the Quick Sizer details, Customers are advised to refer to the documentation in SAP-Offered Documents
184.108.40.206. SAP Select Capacities for Baremetal Server and Storage for SAP HANA Server¶
|Flavor||VirtualCPU||Memory||Reference SAPS Values Not Available with Unicode||Reference SAPS Values Available with Unicode|
|General Purpose 2||E5-2670v3 2P/24C||256GB||59,900||47,900|
As with Baremetal Server that is greater in memory size than 256GB, such will be introduced in time.
|FileSystem||Mount Point||Storage Menu||Recommended Storage Size|
|Data Volume||/hana/data||400MB/s||HANA Server Memory size ×１|
|Logged Volume||/hana/log||250MB/s||HANA Server Memory size ×0.5|
|Installation Path||/hana/shared||100MB/s||HANA Server Memory size ×１|
|System Instance||/usr/sap||−||More than 50GB|
Backup storage of SAP HANA Deployed TDI with RedHat Enterprise Linux for SAP HANA will be created accordingly within the hierarchy of /hana/share; however, the Customers are recommended that they obtain block storage separately to configure over the Block Storage. Backup storage capacities sizing should therefore include the considerable details of Customers’ required scenario for backup methods and generations.
220.127.116.11. SAP Ensure Virtual Server Resources for SAP Appliance Server & SAP-Relational Servers¶
|Flavor||Pattern||VirtualCPU||Memory||Reference SAPS Values Not Available with Unicode||Reference SAPS Values Available with Unicode|
|General Purpose 2||Pattern 1||1vCPU||4GB||1,200||900|
- Above SAPS values are merely estimated values based upon the experiences at Service Provider, and the values are merely the sizing referential values for Customers.
- Above SAPS values are merely impractical armchair values; i.e., they do not particularly include loads transmitted within add-on program and such. Customers are therefore recommended that they ensure their own most optimized system configurations by proceeding to implement the benchmark verification as their own systematic performance by checking to see how their actual customized environment and add-on program might behave within their actual environment.
8.3. Referential Supplements¶
8.3.1. SAP-Offered Documents¶
- Using Quick Sizer Rough Guide
- SAP HANA In-Memory Database Sizing Guideline
- SAP HANA Studio Installation and Update Guide
- Quick Sizer for Beginners
- SAP HANA Storage Requirements
- SAP HANA Administration Guide
8.3.2. SAP Notes¶
- 28976 - Remote connection data sheet
- 35010 - Service connections: Composite note/overview
- 1122387 - Linux : SAP Support in virtual environment
- 1122388 - Linux : VMware vSphere Settings guideline
- 1400911 - Linux : SAP on Red Hat KVM - Kernel-based Virtual Machine
- 1409608 - Implement Virtualization in Windows environment
- 1492000 - Virtual environment and the relational generalized support contents
- 1514966 - SAP HANA 1.0: SAP In-Memory Database Sizing
- 1580509 - Windows Server Editions supported by SAP
- 1637145 - Sizing of SAP BW on HANA: SAP HANA
- 1736976 - Sizing Report for BW on HANA AS
- 1793345 - Sizing for SAP Suite on HANA
- 1872170 - Suite on HANA sizing report
- 2161991 - VMware vSphere Settings Guideline