3.6.1. Restoration by using the bootable media¶
As the method to restore the server which is to be restored, you can select to use Centralized management type for restoration by using management server or Local type for restoration by using bootable media.
But there is the known issues and limitations of function of mounting ISO image. In this case, you should use Centralized management type for restoration by using management server.
Reference：(News) New ISO mount function in Enterprise Cloud 1.0
This section describes the procedure of restoration by using the bootable media. Similar procedure is adopted if the backup target server is Windows server or Linux server.
* When restoring the server in which IP address was changed after backup, restoration needs to be performed after restoring the IP address at the customer portal.
(1) Select [ACTIONS] and then [Catalogs].
(2) At “Private Catalog” Tab, Click [Add New Templete +].
(3) Write any file name in “Name” box, and Select the ISO file which includes the Acronis Installer, and then Click floppy disk icon.
(4) Uploading Screen will be displayed. It takes some time to upload the file.
(5) After you finished uploadning the file, Close the “Manage Catalogs” window.
(6) Re-opening “Manage Catalogs” window by Select [ACTIONS] and click [Catalogs], you can confirm the uploaded file at “Name”.
(7) Click the Virtual Machine which you plan to restore by acronis, and then open [Console(HTML)].
(8) Click the icon of CD mount at the top left onf “Console(HTML)” window.
(9) Select the uploaded file from pull-down menu, and then click [Submit] button.
(10) “Media Inserted” will be displayed, and then click [OK] button.
(11) Restart OS from the ECL console. Press the [Esc] key once when the following “VMware” appears during restart.
(12) When the screen for selecting boot sequence appears, select “3. CD-ROM Drive” and then press the [Enter] key.
(13) Please wait for a few minutes until the following screen appears, click [Rescue Media].
(14) Please wait for a while until the bootable media runs.
(15) At the Bootable Backup Agent screen, Click [Configure network].
* We recommend taking a note of vNIC information (NIC number, IP address, Subnet Mask and so on) of the backup target server in advance.
(16) Select the Network Interface Card which is used, and then clear the checkbox of “Automatic Configration”.
(17) Input IP Address and Subnet Mask of the backuped Virtal Machine, and then click [OK] button.
(18) Click [Manage this machine locally].
(19) Click [Tools], and then click [Change volume representation].
(20) Check the selected representation. If the representation is different from the server OS to be restored.
(21) Click [Recover].
(22) Click [Select data...].
(23) Click [Browse...].
(24) Acquire the address of the backup storage destination in advance, enter the address, and then click the [OK] button.
(25) At “Access Credential” screen, enter user account and password, and then click [OK].
(26) When the backup archive appears, select the target archive to be restored, select contents of backup, and then select the [OK] button.
(27) Since “Where to recover” is automatically mapped, click the [OK] button to start restoration.
* Progress of restoration appears on the “Progress” tab.
(28) When restoration completes, click the [Close] button.
* It is possible to check and save the log at the time of restoration in the “Log” menu.
(29) Click [Exit] in “Actions”.
(30) When the bootable agent screen appears, click the [Reboot] button. When the restored OS starts, check if OS is restored without problems.