3.5.1. Local type¶
Log in to the management console of the backup target server and perform backup. The procedure of backup target server is same as Windows server or Linux server.
* When you use Linux server, you need to disable local firewall service.
(1) Run Acronis on the management server.
As for Windows
Double-click the Acronis icon on the desktop.
As for Linux
Click [Applications] - [System Tools] - [Acronis Backup].
Or, connect to “http://<IP address of the management server>:<Web pot number for Acronis>” on the Web browser by using the computer that can connect to the management server.
(2) When you use Windows and sign in Acronis Console by Windows Account, click [SIGN IN]. Otherwise, click [Enter user name and password] and then log into Acronis console.
When you use Linux, enter account and password and then log into Acronis Console.
(3) Select “PLANS” - “Protection” on the left tab and then click the [Create plan].
(4) Click the pencil mark.
(5) Enter a plan name and then click [OK].
(6) Select a backup target in “Backup”. In this case, entire machine is selected.
When take image backup, you have to select “entire mashine”. If you would like to use the other function, please refer Acronis Document.
(7) Select a backup target server. Click “Add devices”.
(8) Select the backup target server from “All devices” and then click [ADD].
(9) Confirm that the server is added to devices.
(10) Select the destination where backup is stored. Click [Specify] at the WHERE TO BACK UP.
(11) If the location is not created before, the screen for adding a location appears. In this case, the network folder needs to be specified. Enter a path and then click [→].
* If a location is created, select a location from the list or create a new location.
If authentication of location is required, enter account and password and then click [OK].
(12) The folder list appears after authentication. Select a folder and then click [ADD].
(13) Set the schedule. Click [Monday to Friday at 11:00 PM].
(14) Select a backup scheme on the Schedule screen. In this case, select [Custom].
If custom is selected, the schedule can be set for full backup, differential backup and incremental backup, respectively.
(15) Set the schedule for full backup, differential backup and incremental backup, respectively.
* Example of daily setting screen
* Example of weekly setting screen
* Example of monthly setting screen
* It is possible to specify detailed setting (daily/ weekly/ monthly) for complete backup/ differential backup/ incremental backup. Refer to Acronis User Guidance for details.
(16) When setting of the schedule is complete, click [DONE].
(17) As for other settings, configure the settings as needed and then click [CREATE].
*In case of linux, do not select “Active Protection” and “Vulnerability assessment”.
(18) Confirm that the backup plan is created.
(19) Perform the backup at the date/time specified with the schedule. Progress status can be checked with the activities (the clock mark) on the backup plan.
It is also possible to check from “Activities” in the [DashBoard].