3.5.2. Centralized management type¶
Log in to the management server and perform backup. It is necessary to create LOCATION to be managed before performing the backup.
Procedure to create the location is as follows.
(1) Run Acronis on the management server.
As for Windows,
Double-click the Acronis icon on the desktop.
As for Linux,
Click [Applications] - [System Tools] - [Acronis Backup].
Or, connect to “http://<IP address of the management server>:<Web pot number for Acronis>” on the Web browser by using the computer that can connect to the management server.
(2) When you use Windows and sign in Acronis Console by Windows Account, click [SIGN IN]. Otherwise, click [Enter user name and password] and then log into Acronis console.
When you use Linux, enter account and password and then log into Acronis Console.
184.108.40.206. Creation of management target location¶
It is possible to efficiently manage the network folder and external storage that are actual backup destination by creating the management target location.
Storage node is required to use the management target location.
(1) Select “BACKUP STORAGE” on the left tab to open the Locations screen and then click [Add location].
(2) Select “Storage node” on the Browse screen and then enter a location name. Select the entity path of the location for “Path.”
* This is the screen that can be specified from “BROWSE” for “Path”. In this case, the local folder of the storage node is specified.
After select, click the [DONE] button.
(3) After checking the contents, click the [DONE] button.
(4) The management target location is created.
220.127.116.11. Preparation and execution of backup¶
(1) Select “PLANS” - “Protection” on the left tab and then click the [Create plan].
(2) Click the pencil mark.
(3) Enter a plan name and then click [OK].
(4) Select a backup target in “Backup”. In this case, entire machine is selected.
When you would like to take image backup, you have to select “entire mashine”. If you want to use the other function, you should refer Acronis Document.
(5) Select a backup target server. Click “Add devices”.
(6) Select the backup target server from “All devices” and then click [ADD].
(7) Confirm that the server is added to devices.
(8) Select the destination where backup is stored. Click [Specify] at the “WHERE TO BACK UP”.
(9) List of locations appears. In this case, select the management target location that was created before.
* It is possible to select the backup destination other than management target locations.
(10) If authentication screen is appeared, enter account and password, and then click [OK].
(11) Set the schedule. Click [Monday to Friday at 11:00 PM].
(12) Select [Custom] for the backup scheme on the Schedule screen.
If custom is selected, the schedule can be set for full backup, differential backup and incremental backup, respectively.
(13) Set the schedule for full backup, differential backup and incremental backup, respectively.
* Example of daily setting screen
* Example of weekly setting screen
* Example of monthly setting screen
* It is possible to specify detailed setting (daily/ weekly/ monthly) for complete backup/ differential backup/ incremental backup. If you would like to know about details, please refer to Acronis User’s Guide.
(14) When setting of the schedule is completed, click [DONE].
(15) As for other settings, configure the settings as needed and then click [CREATE].
*In case of linux, do not select “Active Protection” and “Vulnerability assessment”.
(16) Confirm that the backup plan is created.
(17) Perform the backup at the date/time specified with the schedule. Progress status can be checked with the activity (the clock mark) on the backup plan.
It is also possible to check from “Activities” in the [DashBoard].
(18) If the destination for saving backup is selected at location in the [BACKUP STORAGE] after completing backup, it is possible to confirm that the backup archive is created.
It is possible to check type of backup by selecting archive and clicking Details.