2.6. Application Filtering¶
|Application Filtering||A feature that categorizes applications and blocks communication from specified applications.|
- Maximum traffic volume: 200 Mbps in total of both directions/service
- Maximum simultaneous connections: 40,000 sessions/service
2.6.3. Restrictions¶Restrictions relating to IP addresses
- In order to connect the SIGs with Application Filtering, you must have two IP address blocks available. If the IP address block is already being used, NTT Com Group might ask you to change it.
- NTT Com Group will manage the assigned IP address blocks, and assign IP addresses to the devices that require them.
- If you perform Ping monitoring on the VM, you will require an additional Server Segment for direct connection between vFW/INA and the VM.
- Do not connect the target server segments directly to the vFW/INA.
When the actual traffic volume exceeds the contracted traffic volume, the excess traffic might be discarded.
- Packets which break TCP/UDP/IP protocol rules or abnormal packets are discarded as a standard function regardless of customer’s configuration.(Examples)
- When the IP header is cut off in the middle
- When the Port number is 0 (zero)
- When the TCP flag combination is abnormal and others
If devices making up this feature are replaced due to malfunction etc., you will not be able to check device logs or event reports from prior to the replacement via Security Web Portal. In addition, if the active server and the standby server are switched for a redundantly configured device and they are restored without replacing the device, you cannot check the log or the event reports of the period during which the switching occurred from Security Web Portal.
Application Filtering does not guarantee that the Application Filtering feature has integrity or accuracy, or is suitable for your use. Furthermore, the suitability of the application identification algorithms provided by the developers or distributors of the devices making up the Application Filtering feature is not guaranteed.
The following information might be provided to the developers or distributors of the devices making up the Application Filtering feature.
- Configuration information obtained from providing application filtering
- Information concerning controls etc., for Application Filtering
We cannot guarantee recovery from failures that might occur due to incompatibility between Application Filtering and your environment, or failures that occur due to your operations other than those specified by NTT Com group.