5.5. Colocation Interconnectivity¶
5.5.1. Available Features¶
|Layer 2 (L2) Connection||A feature that connects the Server Segment NTT Communications provides and your system environment inside our colocation using the same Server Segment.|
5.5.2. Layer 2 (L2) Connection¶
- The colocation connection is constructed of redundant physical devices (equipment and lines).
- The maximum bandwidth that can be used by one colocation is 1 Gbps.After starting use, you can start/stop using the service by changing the communication bandwidth settings (1000Mbps/0 Mbps), and add/delete VLAN from the Customer Portal.
|Enterprise Cloud Service Data Center||
|Yokohama No. 1||Yokohama No. 1, Tokyo No.2 and Tokyo No.3 Tokyo No. 4 and Tokyo No. 5 and Tokyo No. 6 Tokyo No. 7 and Saitama No.1|
|Kansai 1||Kansai 1 Data Center and Osaka (Dojima) No. 1, 2 and 3, Osaka No.5, Kyoto No.2|
|Saitama No.1||Yokohama No.1, Tokyo No.2, Tokyo No.3, Tokyo No. 4 and Tokyo No.5, Tokyo No.6 Tokyo No. 7 and Saitama No.1|
|Hemel Hempstead 2||Hemel Hempstead 2|
|France Paris 2||France Paris 2|
|Spain Madrid 2||Spain Madrid 2|
|Thailand Bangna||Thailand Bangna|
|Hong Kong Tai Po||Hong Kong Tai Po|
|Australia Sydney1||Australia Sydney1*|
|Malaysia Cyberjaya3||Malaysia Cyberjaya3|
- You can connect to multiple colocations at each Enterprise Cloud Service Data Center.
- UTP x 2 units
- Media Converter x 2 units
|Height x Width x Depth||4.24 cm x 13 cm x 20 cm||Please contact us||4.5 cm x 9.5 cm x 10.5 cm|
|Weight||0.7 kg or less (including AC adapter)||0.27 kg|
|Power supply type||AC100 V||AC220 V|
|Power consumption (ACadapter)||10 W or less||6W|
- You must prepare a separate location and power supply for the media converter.
- In order to connect the media converter, you must have two Ethernet cables with the same rating that are Enhanced Category 5 (Cat 5e) or greater.
- For one colocation connection, a maximum of 24 VLANs can be used. Please connect the Customer L2 switch VLAN port using tagged settings. The range of VLAN IDs where you can specify is from 2 to 4094. The maximum number of steps of a VLAN tag is one step.
- Priority control cannot be performed according to CoS values.
- Please set Interface as 1000GASE-T, the connection procedure to Auto Negotiation.
- The UTP x 2 cables and the media converter x 2 units, which are the connection points, have a redundant configuration. Please set L2 switch as active and standby configuration to avoid frame a loop in Layer 2 and connection braking off.
- Please set the Customer system so that no problems occur if part of the provided network has a communication interruption.
- The minimum frame length is 68 bytes (tag) and the maximum is 1,522 bytes (tag).
- IEEE 802.3x (pause) and LLDP cannot be used with the Customer L2 switch.
- To set redundant configuration customer selected, please use the VLAN-ID between from 2 to 4094 with tagged settings. Please confirm beforehand whether the L2 switch prepared for this service can be available to use tagged settings.
- The checking-of-operations protocol used by Cisco [IOS 12.2(53)SE2] is as follows.
- Rapid PVST+
- Flex Link (It isn’t possible to use Flex Link at the Data Center where LPT isn’t supported.)NTT Communications does not support about actual connectivity in all IOS version.
Untagged control frame defined by Spanning Tree Protocol (IEEE 802.1d) will be discarded systematically.
- L2 Broadcast, L2 Multicast and Unknown Unicast that exceed 10 Mbps may be discarded.Even if the communication bandwidth is set to Disabled (0 Mbps), the control frames can communicate at approximately 100kbps and other frames can communicate at a few kbps.
5.5.3. Important Points¶
Please set active and standby redundant configuration in Customer L2 switch interface.
Communication cutting by operation of a Customer’s redundant control becomes the outside of SLA.
If a failure occurs on the communication path of this service, the communication path is automatically switched to another route and communications are restored in approximately 30 seconds.
Within the Customer system environment that is connected by colocation interconnectivity, one MAC address can be used for one IP address.
- The MAC addresses used by Enterprise Cloud are shown below. For the Customer system, please use MAC addresses that do not duplicate the following MAC addresses.Note that the following MAC addresses may be changed. We apologize in advance for this.
- MAC addresses that begin with 00-50-56 (VMWare)
- MAC addresses that begin with a2
- MAC addresses that begin with 00-0b-fc-fe-1b
- MAC addresses that begin with 00-00-0c-07-ac(HSRPv1)
- 00-00-0c-9f-f0-00～00-00-0c-9f-ff-9f (HSRPv2) (*1)
- 00-00-5e-00-01-00～00-00-5e-00-01-fb (VRRPv2) (*2)
Two or more Enterprise Cloud connection via Colocation Connectivity is not supported. There is a possibility that the MAC address assigned to Virtual Machine may overlap and communication trouble may happen.
Multiple Links (two or more contracts) can be increased connection bandwidth between Enterprise Cloud and Colocation. But one Server Segment can be connected to one link.
- Colocation Interconnectivity and Enterprise Cloud Interconnectivity cannot use at the same time in same Server Segment. Enterprise Cloud Interconnectivity is Enterprise Cloud 2.0 Service menu. If you want to connect each network in Layer 2, please use each Colocation Interconnectivity service and connect netowork via equipment in colocation.