5.4. Service Interconnectivity¶
Service Interconnectivity provides a Service Interconnect Gateway (called “Service Interconnect Gateway” below), which connects services targeted for interconnectivity, such as Server Segment and Global File Storage (Global Data Backup) that are used for Enterprise Cloud. Note that at the Japan Data Centers you can also connect to Network Storage Service and systems inside colocation, etc.
5.4.1. Available Features¶
You can use the following features in Service Interconnectivity.
|Service Interconnect Gateway||A feature that uses L3 connectivity to interconnect Server Segments used for Enterprise Cloud and services targeted for interconnectivity.|
|Routing Settings||A feature that sets static routing between the Server Segments used for Enterprise Cloud and services targeted for interconnectivity.|
5.4.2. Service Interconnect Gateway¶
The Service Interconnect Gateway operates as a router. Using an L3 connection, it connects Server Segments used for Enterprise Cloud and the networks used by services targeted for interconnectivity.
You can specify the number of Service Interconnect Gateway that can be used in the same Data Center within the range listed below.
|Lower Limit||Upper Limit||Units Provided|
|Service Interconnect Gateway||1||The number of Server Segments in use (*maximum 24 units)||1|
* With Service Interconnectivity, you can install one Service Interconnect Gateway for each Server Segment.
- You can select the IP addresses used for Service Interconnectivity from the available IP Addresses. You can only specify them at the time the Service Interconnect Gateway is created based on the application form.If IP addresses have not been specified, they will be allocated automatically.
- You cannot change the IP addresses that are used for Service Interconnectivity after you have started using Service Interconnectivity.
- Global IP address cannot be assigned to the interface which connects to the Service Interconnectivity connection service.
- The Service Interconnect Gateway is configured in an active/standby structure, so one virtual IP, one active device IP and one standby device IP address are used.
- The Service Interconnect Gateway is a Best Effort type service that changes the transmission speed according to your system environment and line congestion.
5.4.3. Routing Settings¶
You can set a maximum of 32 types of static routing for Service Interconnect Gateway, including the default gateway.
- The static routing settings are implemented based on parameter sheets agreed upon with you and the policies of NTT Communications.
5.4.4. Important Points¶
- When using the same Server Segment Service Interconnectivity from a Virtual Machine that has the default gateway set as vFirewall, the routing information of the service targeted for the Service Interconnectivity side must be set to the Guest OS on the Virtual Machine.
- Please refer to the explanation about services targeted for interconnectivity regarding the requirements for connection with these services.