5.1. Internet Connectivity¶
Internet Connectivity is a service that provides customers using Enterprise Cloud with Internet Connectivity constructed with redundant equipment. Also, we provide Global IP Addresses that are required for Internet communication.
- The products provided differ depending on the Data Center. For details, refer to “1.3.2 Available Data Centers”.
5.1.1. Available Features¶
The following features are available for Internet Connectivity.
|An Internet GW is provided||vFirewall provided by vFirewall and gateway feature that connects to the Internet (called “Internet GW” below).|
|Global IP Addresses are Provided||A feature that uses Global IP Addresses that is required for Internet communication.|
5.1.2. An Internet GW Is Provided¶
The Internet GW is a gateway that connects the vFirewall provided by vFirewall with the Internet.
You can choose from the following connection plans to match your required transmission speed.
|10 Mbps Best Effort||Transmission speed: Provides maximum speed of 10 Mbps.|
|100 Mbps Best Effort||Transmission speed: Provides maximum speed of 100 Mbps.|
|1 Gbps Best Effort||Transmission speed: Provides maximum speed of 1 Gbps.|
Provides guaranteed transmission speed with the specified bandwidth as the upper limit.
You can specify any of the following bandwidths.
- The Best Effort Type is a best effort type service that changes the transmission speed according to your system environment and line congestion. The actual transmission speed varies according to the usage of other customers and infrastructure status. The service does not guarantee transmission speed.
- The Guaranteed type does not provide transmission speed higher than the specified bandwidth.
- The Internet GW is constructed of redundant physical devices (equipment and lines).
- It supports Internet protocol version IPv4.
5.1.3. Global IP Addresses Are Provided¶
You can use Global IP Addresses that are required for Internet communication.
You can specify the following numbers of Global IP Addresses. Global IP Address is provided to customer differently whether they select vFirewall or Integrated Network Appliances.
- Customer cannot assign the provided Global IP Address. Also, customer cannot change the provided Global IP Address.
- Global IP Address will be assigned according to NTTCom’s Global IP Address Block.
If the customer is using vFirewall, Global IP would be provided as follows. The distributed Global IP Address can be set as the IP Address for NAT/NAPT rule in the vFirewall.
|Lower Limit||Upper Limit||Setting Unit|
|Global IP Address||4||64||4|
- If you order 8 or more Global IP Addresses, the IP Addresses might not be sequential.
If the Customer is using the Integrated Network appliance, Global IP can be purchased according to the following subnet units. The Global IPs will be assigned to the Internet Transit and will be used for transmission between each devices connected to the Internet Transit. Also, Global IPs can be utilized for the NAT, Load Balancing and IPsec termination rules.
|Subnet||Available number of rules set for NAT/NAPT, Load Balancing, and IPsec termination|
|Global IP Address||/29||3|
- A single subnet contract can be made for a single Internet Connectivity contract.
- Customer can assign either one of the subnet when making a contract for Internet Connectivity service. The Global IP subnet cannot be changed after the Internet Connectivity installation.
5.1.4. Important Points¶Restrictions When Connecting to the Internet
- Internet Connectivity is a service in which multiple customers share the Internet lines that are made available by NTT Communications. Internet lines that are provided by the customer cannot be used.
- Bandwidths specified with the Guaranteed type are guaranteed for all the Global IP Addresses provided. You cannot specify IP Addresses and guarantee the bandwidth.
- The Guaranteed type only guarantees the communication bandwidths that pass through the Internet GW. In order to guarantee the communication bandwidth that the vFirewall and vLoad Balancer pass through, it is necessary to have separate contracts for a suitable number of firewall resources and load balancer resources.
- Communication interruptions might occur when Internet Connectivity settings are changed.
- This service does not provide DNS resolver. Please prepare DNS by Customer.
- The DNS resolver is not offered with this service. Customer needs to prepare.
- If you are using DDoS Solution Service (J030801) at Yokohama No.1 Data Center, you cannot use a plan higher than 1 Gbps Best Effort type or 200 Mbps Guaranteed Band type.
* DDos Solution Service is a service that is unique to Japan Data Centers (Local Option Menu).